Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

UPDATED 07-24-11: Running thread - Shots of New Dorms

Add topic

Re: Shots of New Dorms 06-06-10

UPDATED 07-24-11: Running thread - Shots of New Dorms

Exit39 said

funny how much dorms look like a jail cell.

And feel like one too, at times!
Back to the top

I thought some of those pictures looked just like the new Orlando Arena as it was being built.  Kind of made me think that a big stadium was being built on campus instead of more dorms. 
Back to the top

from the way there going it seems like (from a novice) they could be done by the start of the 2nd semester. i wonder if they would open them then.
Back to the top

Exit39 said

from the way there going it seems like (from a novice) they could be done by the start of the 2nd semester. i wonder if they would open them then.

The UP posted a shot of the dorm construction on their website and the accompanying text read, "The construction on the new dorms in the Innovation Village complex at the north end of the Boca campus is underway. The completed building will have seven floors, and Director of Housing Jill Eckardt announced on May 26 at a Board of Trustees meeting that the dorms will be completed by September 2010."

Meaning they could open for Spring 2011 if Housing wanted to (and likely will, what use is it having them sit there vacant)

To Rick: Thanks for the pictures! Keep 'em coming.
Back to the top

owlcountry said

Exit39 said

The UP posted a shot of the dorm construction on their website and the accompanying text read, "The construction on the new dorms in the Innovation Village complex at the north end of the Boca campus is underway. The completed building will have seven floors, and Director of Housing Jill Eckardt announced on May 26 at a Board of Trustees meeting that the dorms will be completed by September 2010."

Meaning they could open for Spring 2011 if Housing wanted to (and likely will, what use is it having them sit there vacant)

To Rick: Thanks for the pictures! Keep 'em coming.

I drive my every other day on my way to the Rec. Center and I could see these Complex's being ready my spring 2010 if needed.  They have construction workers there working around the clock, even on Sundays.
Back to the top

When the stadium starts it will be the same, construction 24/7!
Back to the top

Re: Running thread: Shots of New Dorms - Updated 06-13-10

Ok, sorry it's only one but think it does the trick to show the overall progress!

Here's a shot taken tonight from the Northwest over in the parking lot adjacent to the former protected area:

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

On a side note:

Decided to just make this a running thread with updates as is possible…others are welcomed to contribute as well if they would like!
Back to the top

Wow, they're really kicking ass there. My continued gratitude to Rick for these pics.

On a related note, would it make any sense to have a separate "Construction" forum? For renderings, construction shots, etc?
Back to the top

Now that is an impressive shot, really shows the size of the development. Can't wait for stadium photos can you???
Back to the top

That's my favorite picture so far! Please keep updating them for us those of us who are not in Boca. How many beds are supposed to be in phase 1?
Back to the top
Control functions: