Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Game Week Thread: FAU @ ULM - 10/09/10 @ 7:00 p.m.

Add topic

Re: Game Week Thread: FAU @ ULM - 10/09/10 @ 7:00 p.m.

Game Week Thread: FAU @ ULM - 10/09/10 @ 7:00 p.m.

"The postgame at Auburn reeked of frustration, and several ULM players did not mind letting it show.

Neither did ULM coach Todd Berry, but after the passing of three days, there is some new light shed on the 52-3 loss.

After hours of film studying and a little bit of time to catch up on sleep from the seven-hour bus ride, Berry and his staff can take some things away from another loss to a Top 10 team.

'I was a little more optimistic than I have been throughout the course of the season with our younger players playing at a higher level and playing faster and with a little more emotion,' Berry said Monday during the Sun Belt teleconference. 'Even though we gave up some big plays on defense, a lot of it wasn't mental errors, but the speed of the game.'"

ULM opponent struggling with young line
Back to the top

"The postgame at Auburn reeked of frustration, and several ULM players did not mind letting it show.

Neither did ULM coach Todd Berry, but after the passing of three days, there is some new light shed on the 52-3 loss.

After hours of film studying and a little bit of time to catch up on sleep from the seven-hour bus ride, Berry and his staff can take some things away from another loss to a Top 10 team.

'I was a little more optimistic than I have been throughout the course of the season with our younger players playing at a higher level and playing faster and with a little more emotion,' Berry said Monday during the Sun Belt teleconference. 'Even though we gave up some big plays on defense, a lot of it wasn't mental errors, but the speed of the game.'"

ULM opponent struggling with young line
Back to the top

Here's an article comparing ULM and FAU:
http://www.thenewsstar.com/article/20101005/SPORTS/10050305
Back to the top

Here's an article comparing ULM and FAU:
http://www.thenewsstar.com/article/20101005/SPORTS/10050305
Back to the top

I read that article in the paper today.  Our teams seem very similar- poor OL being the key weakness for us as well in my opinion.  I'm not sure who wins this game but given how young the Warhawks are, I think if you put a few points up it could get away from us by halftime.  On the other hand, our 3-3-5 defense blitzes on literally 99% of plays and that could give your OL trouble if it hasn't been doing well.  Both our teams got rocked pretty good last week, both are looking for the first SBC win I believe as well.

This will be our Military Day to honor the armed forces so for any of you fans making the trip, there will be some cool stuff like a military helicopter taking off just before the game and possibly a flyover (I think there was one last year). 
Back to the top

I read that article in the paper today.  Our teams seem very similar- poor OL being the key weakness for us as well in my opinion.  I'm not sure who wins this game but given how young the Warhawks are, I think if you put a few points up it could get away from us by halftime.  On the other hand, our 3-3-5 defense blitzes on literally 99% of plays and that could give your OL trouble if it hasn't been doing well.  Both our teams got rocked pretty good last week, both are looking for the first SBC win I believe as well.

This will be our Military Day to honor the armed forces so for any of you fans making the trip, there will be some cool stuff like a military helicopter taking off just before the game and possibly a flyover (I think there was one last year). 
Back to the top

Welcome to the forum, aaron_c!
Back to the top

Rick said

Thanks for the welcome, I've been looking forward to playing some conference games where the fans tend to be less…well, douchey- so I could have some actual football conversation.

What do you guys consider your strengths and weaknesses, and how do you all think the game will go?
Back to the top

Rick said

Thanks for the welcome, I've been looking forward to playing some conference games where the fans tend to be less…well, douchey- so I could have some actual football conversation.

What do you guys consider your strengths and weaknesses, and how do you all think the game will go?
Back to the top

Strength is with our Quarterback Jeff VanCamp, the guy has done great with a OL that is struggling.  If JCV has time, Lester Jean has become a great receiver for us.

Alfred "Bam Bam" Morris, if we can finally get a running attack going he can be a huge strength, if the OL can be more consistent.

Weakness, a defense that struggles against the run & gives up way too many big plays.
Back to the top
Control functions: