Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Virtual Venue up on fausports.com

Add topic

Virtual Venue up on fausports.com

OK, now this could be the coolest thing ever invented!

Florida Atlantic Owls Official Athletic Site - Florida Atlantic University

Back to the top

Re: Virtual Venue up on fausports.com

this is pretty cool….

just wondering, where will the visitors sit?
Back to the top

Here's FAU's release:

FAU Athletics Website Adds Virtual Venue

System to Allow Fans to See Seating Chart, View from Seats

BOCA RATON, FL (March 22, 2011) – Florida Atlantic University’s athletics department has unveiled a Virtual Venue™ for its upcoming on-campus 30,000-seat football stadium on the department’s website, www.fausports.com. This feature will allow customers to visually interact and engage with a variety of tools provided throughout a three-dimensional interactive platform.

This Virtual Venue™ will allow fans to search for their seats by entering a section number, as well as obtain a 360-degree-view from the seat that is selected. In May, seat selection will be available to all fans, and visitors of Virtual Venue™ also will be able to purchase tickets from this site. A parking option also will be added in the coming months that will allow users to determine parking options.

FAU has teamed with IOMEDIA, a finalist for the 2011 Sports Business Awards – Best in Technology, to produce the Virtual Venue™. IOMEDIA has assisted many professional sports teams such as the New York Giants, New York Jets, New York Knicks, New York Rangers and New York Yankees. Collegiate clients include Penn State University, UCLA and the University of Washington.

The new FAU stadium is the centerpiece of FAU’s Innovation Village, located in the north central area of campus. A $70 million project, it is slated to feature 6,000 premium seats, including 24 suites, 26 loge boxes, 1,000 premier club seats and 4,000 priority club seats, and the latest, state-of-the art amenities. The 2011 football season will host five home games to be played for the first time on FAU’s Boca Raton campus. The home season opener is scheduled to take place on Saturday, October 15.

For more information on the stadium, visit www.faustadium.com. To observe the exciting progress being made on the construction of the stadium online via a web camera, visit www.fau.edu/stadium/multimedia.html. To purchase season tickets, contact Scott Erdmann at 561-297-0579 or [email protected].

Back to the top

Holy crap, I just messed my pants.

THIS IS FREAKING AWSOME.

My tailgate group has been trying to figure out where to sit, and this is JUST the tool we need.

KUDOS to FAU for this. This is truly amazing.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

1000% terrific work, REALLY cool!

I assume the visitors tickets will primarily be on the east side - opposite the towers and most importantly WITH THE SUN in their faces for afternoon games - Ha Ha!

But also a nice view of the sunsets too!

I still need to know when single game tickets will go on sale too.
Back to the top

This is great! You can select any seat and look in any direction. One nice thing I noticed that will set it apart from some other college stadiums: every seat has a back! It's more than just metal bleachers. If you're on the home side (in the expensive seats) you even get armrests.

I was wondering how they would get "FAU" on the visitor-side stands. From the rendering each seat will be colored appropriately in that section. I just hope it's usually covered up with people!
Back to the top

Awesome. Fantastic. Exciting.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

Outstanding work!
FAU went all out with this.
Back to the top

Lm77 said

This is great! You can select any seat and look in any direction. One nice thing I noticed that will set it apart from some other college stadiums: every seat has a back! It's more than just metal bleachers. If you're on the home side (in the expensive seats) you even get armrests.

I was wondering how they would get "FAU" on the visitor-side stands. From the rendering each seat will be colored appropriately in that section. I just hope it's usually covered up with people!
 I do not think the away and north endzone will have chair backs it did not list seat back as one of the benifits to buying tickets in those seats
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

Lm77 said

I do not think the away and north endzone will have chair backs it did not list seat back as one of the benefits to buying tickets in those seats

All the seats have chairbacks (the virtual stadium shows what the seats will look like), but only the home sideline will have armrests and cupholders.
Back to the top
Control functions: