Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Maybe something we can work into the budget...

Add topic

Maybe something we can work into the budget...

for those hot august and september months…

High-Tech Artificial Cloud

http://www.thepostgame.com/homepage/201103/2022-world-cup-high-tech-way-beat-heat-qatar

;D
Back to the top

Re: Maybe something we can work into the budget...

But not over the visitors side or bench! ;D
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

They will all be roasting like peanuts in a hot oven…the great thing about the design is that the visitors sideline totally faces the sun - blinding like. :D

The towers will shade ours…unless we play an early or late game…another reason to keep 4:00 p.m. as the start time!
Back to the top

Rick said

GeorgiaOwl said

They will all be roasting like peanuts in a hot oven…they great thing about the design is that the visitors sideline totally faces the sun - blinding like. :D

The towers will shade ours…unless we play an early or late game…another reason to kep 4:00 p.m. as the start time!

The sun isnt going to be a factor past the first quarter.  Last I heard FAU wants to keep those late afternoon game like last year.  I pretty sure 5 or 6:00pm was what they are after.

AEA
Go play Intramural Sports! www.fau.edu/campusrec/imsports/
Back to the top

Another area where the coaching staff has to get what they want! To lose the late afternoon sun, heat and humidity as part of your home field "advantage" would be stupid! If these things don't matter to them, than that is another questiobnable judgement area.
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Another area where the coaching staff has to get what they want! To lose the late afternoon sun, heat and humidity as part of your home field "advantage" would be stupid! If these things don't matter to them, than that is another questiobnable judgement area.

Georgia,

You keep wearing your football helmet.  Put on your business hat.  The afternoon sun is great for football, but if more people will fill the stands later, then that is what will happen.  If they think more fans will come at 2am, then that is when we will play.

People, people, people…you think that the stadium is all about football.  It is about business and generating revenue!

You think I am paying for section 205 in the premier Club section for just football?  I could sit anywhere for $135. I could sit 1 row lower and save a couple thousand dollars on 2 seats.

This is business.  Until our fan base grasps the concept, we will not advance.  This is why they didn't call every season ticket holder like many thought they should.  If they can sell the same seat for $1500 instead of $135, guess where they are going to spend their time.
Back to the top

Hey Fauowl have you heard when we will be able to pick our exact seats, I locked down a few premier club seats for 5 years as well. Waited too long for this Damn stadium to sit anywhere else.
Back to the top

RoscoeOwl said

Hey Fauowl have you heard when we will be able to pick our exact seats, I locked down a few premier club seats for 5 years as well. Waited too long for this Damn stadium to sit anywhere else.

I read somewhere that seat selection will start May 6.
Back to the top

RoscoeOwl said

;D  I hear you.  I spent 10 years building priority points.  I want to use them for something.

44 is correct.  May 6 is when priority seating begins.
Back to the top

I 100% agree it is about revenue. And in my mind, if we win 5 of 5 home games each year and make a bowl each year with an exciting fun to watch team, we will fill the seats.

In my mind our current level of talent needs every edge in can get just to maybe win. Hopefully with the stadium will come better recruits in the future so that just their increased ability will do the trick.

I grew up in South Florida, and South Florida only supports winners - and they had better be entertaining as well. Look at UM and Shannon, won most of their games and did go to bowls but the fans base at UM is shrinking like Frosty in South Florida. Boring won't cut it either unless you can go undefeated!

But whenever we play it is always - Go Owl's!!!!
Back to the top
Control functions: