Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Ticket Sales

Add topic

Re: Ticket Sales

Ticket Sales

Captain said

fauowls44 said

walty12 said

I am not suprised, the prices are too high for SunBelt.

I don't think so.  The prices not out of line with the rest of the teams in the league…at least for sideline seats.  I do think they should sell endzone seats at a cheaper price then the $135.

$135 isn't bad. It's the $385 to sit in the shade that is pricey.

Agree, $135 feels right.  But the $385 means you are paying $75 a ticket for FAU games.

I consider myself to be maybe too much of a FAU fan and $75/game is A LOT of money.  If it included drinks and food the price would make more sense.  You can sit on the 50 for the NFL Dolphins for that kind of money.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

OK do not compare one of our most expensive tickets to the Marlins least expensive 75 bucks a game for tickets between the 20 yard lines with all the stuff you get with it sonuds about right.

The last two days at my work I have met both FSU and UM alum who have told me they have already bought FAU season tickets.
With so many alum of others schools in Boca many will use FAU to give them the feeling of being in college again at a way cheaper option then having to go all the way to tally or pay 80 bucks to see UM play in a big empty pro stadium.
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

OK do not compare one of our most expensive tickets to the Marlins least expensive 75 bucks a game for tickets between the 20 yard lines with all the stuff you get with it sonuds about right.

The last two days at my work I have met both FSU and UM alum who have told me they have already bought FAU season tickets.
With so many alum of others schools in Boca many will use FAU to give them the feeling of being in college again at a way cheaper option then having to go all the way to tally or pay 80 bucks to see UM play in a big empty pro stadium.

Who compared anything to the Marlins?

Back to the top

I'm sure he meant the Dolphins.

Anyway, sure, you can look at it as $77 per game, but a better way to look at it is that you are paying $27 per game and giving a $250 donation to the University (which I'm pretty sure is tax deductible).  In return for your generous donation, you get special access on game days. 
Back to the top

Captain said

fauowls44 said

I guess that depends on your definition of pricey and how much you are willing to spend.  To judge FAU's pricing strategy, you have to look at what other teams charge, and when you look at the rest of the Sun Belt, home sideline seats typically run in the neighborhood of $100+ and require a donation.  If they come with club area access, then the donation is more money. Troy, for example, offers chairback seating mid-field on the home side for $100 per seat, plus a $150 donation.  If you want to sit in the same area with "stadium club" access, it's $100 plus a $400 donation.  So FAU is right in that same ballpark price-wise.

I think basing our prices off of other SB team is a big mistake. With the exception of FIU, every other SB team is in small markets with not many distractions. South Florida has so many other sports & entertainment options, that FAU could outprice themselves due to their competition.

For example, I can go on StubHub and buy the cheapest ticket to the next 10 Florida Marlin home games, and still pay $50 less than a season ticket for FAU football. Troy fans really don't have other options like that.
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

Anyway, sure, you can look at it as $77 per game, but a better way to look at it is that you are paying $27 per game and giving a $250 donation to the University (which I'm pretty sure is tax deductible).  In return for your generous donation, you get special access on game days.

Haha, well there are always different ways to look at things.  I need your take on how to look at gas prices….I pay $2.20 a gallon and then donate $1.90 to the government  ;D to have special access to the roads.

Anyway, it doesn't matter if we agree or not…what matters is that we still have thousands of open seats so obviously they are priced to high.

Back to the top

walty12 said

fauowls44 said

Haha, well there are always different ways to look at things.  I need your take on how to look at gas prices….I pay $2.20 a gallon and then donate $1.90 to the government  ;D to have special access to the roads.

Anyway, it doesn't matter if we agree or not…what matters is that we still have thousands of open seats so obviously they are priced to high.

I don't think what I said about the seat price is comparable to gas prices.  NCAA football teams have been pricing tickets like this for years.  You pay the price of the ticket, but your location/ammenities are based on donor level.  The school gets the donation, you get a tax write-off and access to some special area or seat location.  It's all about how you look at it and how you choose to spend your money.  Just because you don't feel there is enough value to warrent spending the extra cash, doesn't mean they are "obviously priced too high".  In fact, when you look at the numbers in Ted's blog, 3 times as many Priority Club seats have been sold to this point then the regular priced seats.

I also disagree that they are obvioulsy priced too high.  Ted's blog said that 3 times as many priority club seats have been sold then regular priced seats at this point, so the prices aren't too high for those people. 
Back to the top

walty12 said

Ill repsectfully disagree.

Its a lil to early to say this. They have been focusing on the "high end" product for the stadium and have not really pushed forward on selling "regular" season tickets.

I am hearing the Radio jingle on ESPN 760, but havent caught any TV commercials yet (Probably beacuse I watch mostly cable and not local TV). Now that the push is on for that it will be interesting to see what the final tally is. I had a beach outing with a friend of mine who is an FAU alum, but has not wanted to travel from Boynton to Lockhart on game days, ask about it. I told him he could most likely get season tickets for $135.00 around the 40 yard line on the visitng side fairly easy and he was shocked it was so low.

$27.00 for prime sight lines a game is NOT a bad deal at all and is a pittance when compated to other teams and for our affluent area it should be a no brainer.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

First, they will not be able to selll thousands of season tickets to the general public while they are in the SunBelt….ZERO chance.

Second, I hope I am wrong but I would bet about 50% of those $390 seats are not sold come October 15th.  People are not willing to spend almost $80 a game for SunBelt football…just wont happen.

If they were in the Big East the ticket prices would be right on.  People would come watch us play Cincinatti, West Virginia, Syracuse, etc. for $80…much easier sell than FAU vs. Louisiana Monroe at $80 a ticket with the option to buy beer.  Cmon.

Back to the top

walty12 said

First, they will not be able to selll thousands of season tickets to the general public while they are in the SunBelt….ZERO chance.

Second, I hope I am wrong but I would bet about 50% of those $390 seats are not sold come October 15th.  People are not willing to spend almost $80 a game for SunBelt football…just wont happen.

If they were in the Big East the ticket prices would be right on.  People would come watch us play Cincinatti, West Virginia, Syracuse, etc. for $80…much easier sell than FAU vs. Louisiana Monroe at $80 a ticket with the option to buy beer.  Cmon.

We'll see, but nobody is saying we are going to sell 30,000 tickets per game.  But selling 10-12,000 season tickets?  I don't see why that is much of a stretch considering how many alumni are in the area. 
Back to the top
Control functions: