Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Ticket Sales

Add topic

Re: Ticket Sales

Ticket Sales

I see where walty is coming from, but I think you have to look at the big picture as others have said.  Compare the amenties you get with the priority seats with almost any other program and I bet we still come out cheaper.  Yes, our schedule does not sound that exciting, but look at it this way - How many noles/gators/canes/ etc., wish that they could have gotten in on the ground floor and been able to just keep renewing their season tickets instead of now having to go onto stubhub or so and get raped?  We have that chance.

disclaimer - As much as I would love to be able to get into the priority area, there is no way I could afford it.  I did get myself a pair of regular season tickets, which will still break the bank for me, but you only get this chance once.  I also agree with someone who posted earlier that they are not hyping the regular season tickets as much as I think they should.

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

walty12 said

First, they will not be able to selll thousands of season tickets to the general public while they are in the SunBelt….ZERO chance.

Second, I hope I am wrong but I would bet about 50% of those $390 seats are not sold come October 15th.  People are not willing to spend almost $80 a game for SunBelt football…just wont happen.

If they were in the Big East the ticket prices would be right on.  People would come watch us play Cincinatti, West Virginia, Syracuse, etc. for $80…much easier sell than FAU vs. Louisiana Monroe at $80 a ticket with the option to buy beer.  Cmon.

We'll see, but nobody is saying we are going to sell 30,000 tickets per game.  But selling 10-12,000 season tickets?  I don't see why that is much of a stretch considering how many alumni are in the area.

I've been thinking about this alot lately and I think there is ZERO chance that FAU reaches its goal of 12,000 season. Attendance may go up, but not by 5 or 6000, especially if we are losing. I keep flip-flopping on whether or not I think the 1st game will sell out. Sometimes I think "sure, of course that game is going to sell out" but then other times I think "NO WAY will it sell out, who is going to want to come see an 0-5 team play Western Kentucky?" I know there will be more alumni at the games than usual, but there just isn't enough interest in FAU football to consistently be anywhere close to selling out games. How many season ticket holders did we have last year? Also, people think that because its on campus that we'll get a ton more students, which I don't think is true. Alot of our students live closer to Lockhart than FAU. I do think that there will be an increase in student attendance, but it will take a couple years of winning (by hiring Mike Leach) before we even average over 18,000.
Back to the top

FAUfasho said

I do think that there will be an increase in student attendance, but it will take a couple years of winning (by hiring Mike Leach) before we even average over 18,000.

Hopefully the Mike Leach thing is tongue-in-cheek.

The guy is suing ESPN, which is owned by ABC, which is owned by Disney.

We would never get a TV game unless there were no choices by the network.  Remember the Motor City Bowl…Howard's name single-handedly got us an invite (on ESPN).  Mike Leach's name will not.  There would be 15 minutes of attention and then black-balled IMHO.

Football is a good-ole boy's network, and Leach ain't in it.
Back to the top

It was not tongue-in-cheek. I've made it known before that I think Mike Leach should be our next coach. And yes, HS's name got us into the Motor City Bowl, but none of that will matter if we are winning every year because they will have to put us in something, and IMO, Leach is the guy who can take us to the next level. (HIS name alone would also get us butts in seats)
Back to the top

FAUfasho said

It was not tongue-in-cheek. I've made it known before that I think Mike Leach should be our next coach. And yes, HS's name got us into the Motor City Bowl, but none of that will matter if we are winning every year because they will have to put us in something, and IMO, Leach is the guy who can take us to the next level. (HIS name alone would also get us butts in seats)

Who we should hire next I dont know, but to make something very clear to EVERYONE on this board:

THERE ISNT A COLLEGE FOOTBALL COACH IN THE HISTORY OF COLLEGE FOOTBALL COACHES THAT COULD GET FAU WINS ON THE ROAD AGAINST MICHIGAN STATE, FLORIDA OR AUBURN THIS YEAR. 

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

FAUfasho said

Who we should hire next I dont know, but to make something very clear to EVERYONE on this board:

THERE ISNT A COLLEGE FOOTBALL COACH IN THE HISTORY OF COLLEGE FOOTBALL COACHES THAT COULD GET FAU WINS ON THE ROAD AGAINST MICHIGAN STATE, FLORIDA OR AUBURN THIS YEAR.

#Duh, everyone knows there's no chance of #winning those games…(Sorry, I used to think the Charlie Sheen debacle was funny but now he's just annoying)
Back to the top

It did get annoying.

Too many people on this board think we should be able to win those games and its HS's fault that we dont.  Those are body bag games still and will be for the foreseeable future, we simply do not have the resources to compete with those programs.

That being said, our season is really 9 games as far as win/loss goes.  If we go 6-3 (really 6-6) I say that is pretty good.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

It did get annoying.

Too many people on this board think we should be able to win those games and its HS's fault that we dont.  Those are body bag games still and will be for the foreseeable future, we simply do not have the resources to compete with those programs.

That being said, our season is really 9 games as far as win/loss goes.  If we go 6-3 (really 6-6) I say that is pretty good.

I agree, if we can somehow come into the stadium 2-0 (actually 2-3) then maybe we can get some momentum that will carry us over into later in the season. I don't see us losing against WKU and go 3-0 in the SBC then I'd maybe next year could be good…but then again I wouldn't be surprised if we come into the stadium 0-5 with no sure QB and all the other questions on O.
Back to the top

Found this interesting in response to our season ticket prices: Flip Flop Football | Two new stadiums going up in Sun Belt

"The NT stadium is very comparable to FAU’s, as it will also seat 30,000 but a bit more expensive. FAU’s projected cost is $70 million, NT’s $78 million."

"NT students voted to add a $10 per credit hour fee to pay for the stadium. Cheapest season tickets are $100"

So North Texas' new stadium cost more FAU's, and yet their cheapest season ticket prices are less than FAU's.
Not sure if that had to do with the $10 per credit four fee; though I believe FAU recently increased their fees, as well.
Back to the top

FAU's fees went up but it wasn't because of the stadium so there is no money for the stadium coming from student fees..at least none that I know of. Also, I like NT's press box/luxury box side. It looks like they have alot more luxury boxes, however I still like ours better with how tall it is.
Back to the top
Control functions: