Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Conference shake ups continue

Add topic

Re: Conference shake ups continue

Conference shake ups continue

Jab979 said

Bill Clinton also denied having sexual relations with "that woman"

"As he understood the words 'sexual relations' to mean"…….

;D

But, I think we all can agree that this means they (now Clemson weighing in) have not been contacted:

Clemson next to deny SEC membership rumors

Back to the top

Rick said

Jab979 said

Bill Clinton also denied having sexual relations with "that woman"

"As he understood the words 'sexual relations' to mean"…….

;D

But, I think we all can agree that this means they (now Clemson weighing in) have not been contacted:

Clemson next to deny SEC membership rumors

haha yeah because of all the different meaning of relations lol.

Just once I'd like a school to come out and say yup, we're trying to go to the SEC. Honestly, who can blame them

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

FAU to the Big East would be epic.  To the Big East with Mike Leach would be hyper warp speed to legitamacy and an entirely different football program.

Its dreaming big, but you never know.  If USF can do what they did while playing at an off campus site, I would love to see what we can do.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

FAU to the Big East would be epic.  To the Big East with Mike Leach would be hyper warp speed to legitamacy and an entirely different football program.

Its dreaming big, but you never know.  If USF can do what they did while playing at an off campus site, I would love to see what we can do.

If all these moves do go according to plan, it's not out of the realm of possibility. I'd say now is the best chance we've ever had. The only thing that may hold us back is the BBal arena unless FAU shows plans that a new one is in the plans to be built in the near future

Back to the top

Jab979 said

The only thing that may hold us back is the BBal arena unless FAU shows plans that a new one is in the plans to be built in the near future

That's why we should volunteer to be football-only in BE.  They need football teams not anything else.  The only sport that we need to be in an AQ conference is football.  It will be much easier for us to make it to the dance in basketball by remaining in the Sunbelt.  Move football with a plan to move all sports within 10 years so we can bring the facilities up to par.

The down side to all of this is that the super conferences could steal all the strategic schools and the Big East becomes the new SunBelt and nothing changes any way. 
Back to the top

Well the Sunbelt may say to FAU sorry we want you for all sports inlcuding football or nothing.

Even if the B-East loses a lot of teams and is replaced by Belt/C-USA teams and no longer an AQ conference, the competition will still be better than the belt.

Louisville, Cinncinnati, Pitt, UConn is a lot better than Western Kentucky, Louisiana-Monroe and Denver

Back to the top

Jab979 said

Well the Sunbelt may say to FAU sorry we want you for all sports inlcuding football or nothing.

Even if the B-East loses a lot of teams and is replaced by Belt/C-USA teams and no longer an AQ conference, the competition will still be better than the belt.

Louisville, Cinncinnati, Pitt, UConn is a lot better than Western Kentucky, Louisiana-Monroe and Denver

Agreed, assuming any of those teams are still in the BE.  For all I know, the BE could become FAU, FIU, WKU, MTSU, etc., etc.
Back to the top

Jab979 said

The only thing that may hold us back is the BBal arena unless FAU shows plans that a new one is in the plans to be built in the near future

Well, technically, we have one "in the plans" for Innovation Village, we just don't have a timeline yet. Although you would think that after this season, it would be next on the agenda (along with the Baseball stadium upgrade). A new 10k seat basketball arena would also help keep Jarvis here; in fact, I would think that would be the second biggest driving force for the new arena being built in the next three years, the first driving force being money of course.

Back to the top

Well the SEC shot this dead for now
Back to the top

owlmart said

Well the SEC shot this dead for now

Yup! SEC said no Thanks to A & M

SEC doesn't offer Texas A&M invite

Back to the top
Control functions: