Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Hockey

Add topic

Re: FAU Hockey

FAU Hockey

ACHA Div. III (Southeast Region)

Looks like our 2-2 Owls are facing off against the top 6-1-0-1 UCF in Orlando friday & saturday, it will be big to get some wins on them!

You can see the standings and other ACHA info here: http://achahockey.org/standings.php?league_id=1063&lang=1
(scroll down to South.)
Back to the top

That's a good find NCowl, but unfortunately they're a little slow at updating. Our Owls are actually more like 5-3. They beat FIT on opening night, but they have never logged the score, and they recently went 2-1 on a huge Albany trip (although I guess it's possible they aren't counting those in the standings - will have to check on that). Hopefully it'll all get sorted out soon.

You guys can get the schedule and more info at www.fauhockey.com

The next home game is right after the third home football game. Might talk to coach about seeing if they can make it a little later.
Back to the top

When you play USF in January, where is the game?  I'd like to try and make it to one of those, there's an ice complex right by me in Ellenton, or there is one right on 75 closer to the USF area.

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

Is that a really heavy Peter Worrell in the picture?
Back to the top

yeah, he is coach!
Back to the top

Owls ranked 7th in the South Region in the first rankings.

American Collegiate Hockey Association powered by GOALLINE.ca
Back to the top

To raise funds maybe they should consider selling jerseys? I think they woukld be VERY popular, people LOVE hockey jerseys!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

To raise funds maybe they should consider selling jerseys? I think they woukld be VERY popular, people LOVE hockey jerseys!

Yeah it would be interesting, but I'm not sure they even have the means of producing a line of jerseys. Something to consider though.

Two big games this Friday and Saturday night against Tulane (830 both nights). Hope people come out! No football to compete with.
Back to the top

Well right now with the team not being an official NCAA governed team, they can do whatever they want (no royalties). Do they maybe have a backer or sponsor(s) to bankroll a contract to get them produced. I am sure there a companies who make hockey jerseys that would love to make them for them to raise funds with.
Would be very cool, even with the old logo (maybe even especially!).
Back to the top

Yeah I'll definitely mention it to coach and see what he thinks.

Big game tonight and tomorrow night! 8:30 both nights! Games usually start a bit later than the start time, but should be going by 8:45 or 9:00 the absolute latest. Come on out, or listen to the broadcast at www.fauhockey.com/live 
Back to the top
Control functions: