Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2012 FAU Football Schedule

Add topic

Re: 2012 FAU Football Schedule

2012 FAU Football Schedule

BeastOwl said

Rick said

BeastOwl said

They have a nice trip to Hawaii I notice.  That's a nice road trip for the fans too.

We can cut and run from playing Hawaii…faced 'em once and beat 'em - at their place!

;D

how could I forget about that game Rick! I guess since it was back in the glory years   :-)

If we need an FCS opponent then FAMU or Bethune Cookman would offer some excellent half-time entertainment. They're two of the best marching bands in the country (although the FAMU band's status is a bit in question right now)..

Not so sure on Bethune-Cockman, although I would love to see them at home. It sounds like the are scheduled to play Miami on Oct. 13, 2012. Don't think they would schedule us and UM in the same year, but you never know. As far as FAMU, would love to host them also. but it sounds like they are looking for a 5th home game for 2012…if they can't get it, at least they would play us in Florida. ;D

-Fear The Strix!

http://www.cookman.edu/newsInfo/newsroom/newsReleases/2010/PR071310a.html
Back to the top

Does FAU have the $$ to pay FCS teams to play in Boca.  They don't come and play for free.  I believe UCF paid Charleston Southern $200k to play in Orlando.
Back to the top

For a season opening HOME win it would be a bargain! Gotta get the excitement started and the confidence up too.
Back to the top

Aqualung said

Does FAU have the $$ to pay FCS teams to play in Boca.  They don't come and play for free.  I believe UCF paid Charleston Southern $200k to play in Orlando.

Possibly, but like the UCF bid, it would not be that much…they also like to come here for recruiting exposure obviously as well…so money isn't everything to them
Back to the top

I understand you have to play a few "Big" games to pay the bills but UG and Alabama back to back? Ouch!

Then again, you never know, Appalachia State did beat Michigan and FAU > Appalachia State.
Back to the top

mckeon said

I understand you have to play a few "Big" games to pay the bills but UG and Alabama back to back? Ouch!

Then again, you never know, Appalachia State did beat Michigan and FAU > Appalachia State.

We tried that line of reasoning for awhile  ;D

There's also the hope that FAU, like every other mid-major non-BCS program out there, will be "the next Boise State."

If you want to look at it from a "stars" standpoint: the reality is we're getting (and should be getting) more three star players than ever. Some of them will be very good, some of them will wash out. But Boise State mostly gets three star guys despite the fact that they're a Top 10 team the last few years… so they're giant killers with three stars. Also, UCF beat Georgia with a team of mostly three star players too.

So we have the potential to become "giant killers" with the right recruits and the right coach in a pretty short time-frame here.

Back to the top

I like the way you think, owlcountry.
Back to the top

owlcountry said

mckeon said

We tried that line of reasoning for awhile  ;D

There's also the hope that FAU, like every other mid-major non-BCS program out there, will be "the next Boise State."

If you want to look at it from a "stars" standpoint: the reality is we're getting (and should be getting) more three star players than ever. Some of them will be very good, some of them will wash out. But Boise State mostly gets three star guys despite the fact that they're a Top 10 team the last few years… so they're giant killers with three stars. Also, UCF beat Georgia with a team of mostly three star players too.

So we have the potential to become "giant killers" with the right recruits and the right coach in a pretty short time-frame here.

I like some of the Junior College guys we picked up.  Two of them were recruited by PAC-12 and SEC teams…

Now if we can just land a good QB we will be cooking with butter!!!
Back to the top

We have landed a very good QB.
Back to the top

BigChief said

We have landed a very good QB.

Who dat?
Back to the top
Control functions: