Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2012 FAU Football Schedule

Add topic

Re: 2012 FAU Football Schedule

2012 FAU Football Schedule

Is he enrolled and able to participate in spring practice? Or will he be here in the summer?
Back to the top

Who, Flessner? He is enrolled in school and participating in workouts there.
Back to the top

Early Bird get's the worm!
Back to the top

What do we have now, 6 QB's that are going to be battling it out this spring?  It's gonna be a war.  There are a couple though that will shine in the spread.
Speaking of schedules , look at FIU's.  They're bringing some decent schools down to their mediocre stadium.  I know we take the "body bag" games on the road because we need the money, but bringing some big name schools home to FAU Stadium will raise alot of cash as well.

FIU FOOTBALL SCHEDULE

09/01 - at Duke
09/08 - Akron
09/15 - at UCF
09/22 - Louisville

08/31 - Texas A&M
09/07 - UCF
09/21 - at Louisville

08/30 - at UCF
09/13 - Pittsburgh
09/20 - Louisville

FAU Class of '87
Back to the top

First, WOW on getting Texas A&M to thier place.  Also, nice move playing UCF every year…that can build into a rivalry for them and get UCF alumni from the area (which there are tons) to the game.  Also, UCF being in the Big East will look like they are playing a BCS program.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Duke is a great choice as well. South florida might have the highest concentration of Duke alumni in the country and most of those people are attorneys, so i wouldnt be surprised if FIU pulls the "season ticket package" for the game, which is genius. $75 to go see your Blue Devils and get season tickets to FIU wether you want em or not.
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

Duke is a great choice as well. South florida might have the highest concentration of Duke alumni in the country and most of those people are attorneys, so i wouldnt be surprised if FIU pulls the "season ticket package" for the game, which is genius. $75 to go see your Blue Devils and get season tickets to FIU wether you want em or not.

That practice should be illegal.
Back to the top

owlcountry said

That practice should be illegal.

I disagree strongly on that.

I think its a GREAT idea. You charge the same (or more) for a Single game ticket as you do for a season ticket. Now most people will buy the season package since it is indeed cheaper. Now they have extra tickets for games that they may attend, they may not. They may give them away to a Charity. They may give them to friends.

The schools "Reported" attendance gets a boost, you possibly get more actual butts in the seats, and you have a chance to gain another fan if they enjoy themselves. Im a big fan of this policy. Smaller programs like ours need every advantage we can get.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

TeamBeer said

This is genius.  Where the hell is our genius in the scheduling.  I'm glad Pelini is getting bonused on attendance as this is something that needs to be addressed by him.  We built this beautiful stadium only to host the mediocre Sunbelt teams.

FAU Class of '87
Back to the top

Miami would do this on a smaller scale,  I remember buying the "Techs package" since it was cheaper than just buying one ticket.  So I had tickets I think for Louisiana and of course Virginia Tech.  They also coupled tickets to FSU with another team nobody would buy an individual game ticket….I think it was the "State Package"…McNeese State and FSU.
Back to the top
Control functions: