Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2011-12 Sun Belt Men's Basketball Standings

Re: 2011-12 Sun Belt Men's Basketball Standings

2011-12 Sun Belt Men's Basketball Standings

Standings updated up top with league results from 02-25-12:

MTSU 67  WKU 73

Troy 83  FAU 82

ASU 60  UALR 62

ULM 78  ULL 60

USA 74  FIU 81

There is one game remaining for 2011-12 regular season action tomorrow in UNT @ Denver, but should the Pioneers win this would be the final seeding:

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

The Owls are locked into the 8th spot, and will take on Arkansas State as the 9th seed next Saturday at 7:00 p.m. EST. Of note, the league is yet to announce where the East and West winners will be placed. Let's hope MTSU is in the opposite bracket.

Bracket scheduling:

Back to the top

FINAL Standings updated up top with league results from 02-26-12:

UNT 52  DU 64

As anticipated, Denver defeats UNT to take the 3rd spot.

Final seeding:

Back to the top

Rick said

Of note, the league is yet to announce where the East and West winners will be placed. Let's hope MTSU is in the opposite bracket.

With the league announcing where the division leaders will go this evening, MTSU gets the winner of game 2; which the Owls will play in.

So…….

Should FAU knock of ASU for the second straight time and make it to day two, let's Hope they play the best game of the season therein.

On a side note:

That contest will be televised on The Sun Belt Network Sunday, March 4th at 7:00 p.m.
Back to the top

Championship game tonight at 7:00 PM EST on ESPN2:

#5 UNT  vs #7 WKU

Last night's game against Denver was a good one for the Toppers, my money (not literally) is on them in this one as well!
Back to the top

The winner of a conference tournament getting the NCAA bid over the full season champion is a farce in a conference like the Belt.

Look at last year and this year - if the NCAA is smart they switch the criteria to the auto bid goes to the season champ and the tourny champ "maybe" gets an invite (but please not with a losing recoed)! As of now it makes the NCAA bid a joke!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

The winner of a conference tournament getting the NCAA bid over the full season champion is a farce in a conference like the Belt.

Look at last year and this year - if the NCAA is smart they switch the criteria to the auto bid goes to the season champ and the tourny champ "maybe" gets an invite (but please not with a losing recoed)! As of now it makes the NCAA bid a joke!

That takes away the whole point of having a conference tournament. I understand what you're saying, in smaller leagues like ours winning the conference the last 2 years means a whole lot of nothing because you don't even get a bid to the big dance. Simple solution… WIN! Win in the conference tourney and you won't have to worry about that

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

GeorgiaOwl said

That takes away the whole point of having a conference tournament. I understand what you're saying, in smaller leagues like ours winning the conference the last 2 years means a whole lot of nothing because you don't even get a bid to the big dance. Simple solution… WIN! Win in the conference tourney and you won't have to worry about that

+1

On a side note, did we deserve to go to the dance last year??

Back to the top

I think the whole thing's kinda ridiculous. I understand what it takes to win the Championship, especially if you're playing all four games, but we sent UALR on and they got smooshed last year because they weren't a good team. Same thing this year. Our best team is MTSU and now they're out of the running for the NCAA Tournament.
Back to the top

If WKU wins don't count them out so easily. They've been there before and they're playing very well right now.

As for UNT, if Mitchell wants to get drafted in the 1st round then he needs to put this team on his back and show what he can do against much tougher opponents than the Sunbelt

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Not impressed with the guy...but if they win will root for them later in the month.
Back to the top
Control functions: