Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Diehard Blog - FAU development, news, rumors and photos

Add topic

FAU Diehard Blog - FAU development, news, rumors and photos

Great blog with the links - I really appreciate the quality of work you do. I am in favor of thhotle/convenbtion center project at Glades - it NEEDS the visibilty of the road! And the housing improvement proij=ects - help make BIG step to the 10,000 students on-campus goal! And let's BUILD phame II as planned as well - strin=ke while the iron is hot, don't waste too much time "studying - make some proactive moves and get the projects moving forward - don't let em stagnate and die!!!!

A question, for the $34M for the convention center - what would that allow? Any way it can be a convention/convocation (aka arena) to kill 2 birds with one stone. Would be good for FAU sports as well to have the Glades Rd. visibility with signage and message boards of events/games. Would just have to coordinate usage dates! Then us old facility for bb practices and volleyball practices and games!
Back to the top

New blog up:

THIS IS THE NEW BREEZEWAY

Some pictures and thoughts on the Breezeway renovation, which seems to be finally done.
Back to the top

Not perfect as noted but still WAY better (does look very nice) from my days - then again EVERYTHING IS!!! :Laughing:
Back to the top

Stopped by campus before my semester started: Breezeway looks gorgeous.

And that stadium gets prettier by the day. Like fine wine.

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

New blog entry: "FAU Gifted A Sports Museum"

Read it HERE.
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

Read it HERE.
Posted On: Mar 11th 2018, 10:11 PM #377634

Another great and interesting post diehard! I also hope a portion would display FAU sports history stuff and grow over time (both the museum and the FAU section of it.). Still, gives visitors to the school more to see and am sure is impressive stuff, can't wait for phase 2 to get funded and started, thank you for your support Mr. Fogelman! YOU are a true Owl!
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

Read it HERE.
Posted On: Mar 11th 2018, 10:11 PM #377634

That's a truly great museum. Coach Mac and I took a tour of it last year. I enjoyed it even more than the HOF.
Back to the top

maybe if someone offers up a million bucks or so for wing of our own in the museum.
Back to the top

The second floor of GCS got a RENOVATION.

Man, I still remember sitting on the floor of the hallway there for hours with all the other incoming freshmen during Orientation, flipping through a paper guide to come up with an initial class schedule. I wonder if the advisors offices were that same space. Cool to see how that's changed. Now that back (east side) of the building needs a facelift.

(Oh, and doesn't the yellow/gold color in the first few shots remind you of FIU? We should probably repaint that  :Big-Grin: )
Back to the top

Thanks for the updates Doc. OMG…those are FIU colors exactly.  I live in west Delray. I take Military to Spanish for football games. I will need to try the I-95 exits to see the time difference. I think that if our attendance rises and we have proper traffic control, I-95 will be best.
Back to the top
Control functions: