Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Diehard Blog - FAU development, news, rumors and photos

Add topic

FAU Diehard Blog - FAU development, news, rumors and photos

I hear that FAU's Medical School is planning some major renovations for this year. Have you guys heard anything about that?
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Thanks for the updates Doc. OMG…those are FIU colors exactly.  I live in west Delray. I take Military to Spanish for football games. I will need to try the I-95 exits to see the time difference. I think that if our attendance rises and we have proper traffic control, I-95 will be best.
Posted On: Jul 4th 2018, 2:33 PM #379006

The I-95 exit is a blessing and I believe it really has had a positive effect on the north side of campus which previously did not get much attention in my opinion. One thing that I wish is that they had more signs along spanish river so you know that you are close to FAU. Also, if you happen to drive by Nova's campus in Davie you see their signs which are screens with big messages displaying across them. I believe we really needs these to advertise for upcoming events for the heavy traffic flow goes by our school everyday.

Hope that would be something they add in the near future!

Roll Owls!!
Back to the top

I agree that the exit is nice. The only thing that we need to work on is the flow of traffic. Getting cars into lots. I park in the silver lot and it stinks trying to get from Spanish River to the lot. We have to wait in the same lines as the cash lots. Really ties up flow.
Back to the top

Why don’t you come off Glades? It’s a pretty straight shot to the Silver and Red lots from the east entrance. Also, arrive 4 hours early, smooth sailing! :)
Back to the top

So your solution is that everyone should just arrive four hours early? Here's a crazy though, what if that isn't possible?
Back to the top

Local Owl said

So your solution is that everyone should just arrive four hours early? Here's a crazy though, what if that isn't possible?
Posted On: Jul 6th 2018, 5:35 AM #379017

I believe he was joking, rough 4th?

It is much easier if you come off Glades for the silver lots.  My wife comes late and meets us and she still has no real issues. Glades East entrance.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Summer doldrums…

:Laughing:

Back to the top

Local Owl said

Posted On: Jul 6th 2018, 5:35 AM #379017
When did TeamBeer kick Local Owls dog?  :Big-Grin:

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Sorry. Been working all day. Didn't mean to sound crappy. I have a hard time detecting sarcasm while reading. Happens to a lot of people. So do you guys think it will be quicker for me to take 95 from Delray , get off at Glades and go to the East entrance? I've never tried it. The only time I've had a problem is during big games or when I an running a little late. But this parking issue is what will keep the casual fan from returning if it isn't handled. I plan on doing a little more elaborate tail gating this season, so I'll be fine . Mostly thinking of my kids .
Back to the top

Hey, I haven’t gotten into a fight on here since I accused Sean Clayton of taking mob money! If it’ll help pass the time, I’ll give it a go.
Back to the top
Control functions: