Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Sun Belt Football: Games for Week of November 10, 2012

Re: Sun Belt Football: Games for Week of November 10, 2012

Sun Belt Football: Games for Week of November 10, 2012

how many punts did kelly place inside the ten on Saturday. At least six.
Back to the top

Rick said

FINAL:

ULL 20  #6 UF 27

The Ragin' Cajuns appear to be on the way to Upset City with almost a full second half lead.

But the car veers off the road to Heartbreak Hotel as the Gators score twice in the final 1:42, including the run back of a blocked put with :13 seconds left for the winning score.

This had to be heartbreaking.  I would have probably literally cried if this happened to FAU.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

Rick said

But the car veers off the road to Heartbreak Hotel as the Gators score twice in the final 1:42, including the run back of a blocked put with :13 seconds left for the winning score.

This had to be heartbreaking.  I would have probably literally cried if this happened to FAU.

A dagger through the heart, definitely.

UF did a similar thing to us the first time we played there… Q1, FAU possession, we go 3 and out at their 20, then UF blocks a punt and returns it for a TD. So embarrassing.

But that's what they do. With the exception of Lockley in his last season, we've never had a good punt blocking unit.
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

With the exception of Lockley in his last season, we've never had a good punt blocking unit.

FG unit not too shabby though…here's a blast from the past shot to wet Friday's whistle:

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

Oops, yeah, I meant Lockley blocking FG.

I can't remember the last time we blocked a punt.
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

Oops, yeah, I meant Lockley blocking FG.

I can't remember the last time we blocked a punt.

Against Central Michigan in the Motor City Bowl?
Back to the top

Rick said

Players of the Week for Week Eleven as voted on by members of the Sun Belt media panel…

Offense

Ryan Aplin (Arkansas State, Sr., QB)

Senior quarterback Ryan Aplin was responsible for three touchdowns and 378 yards total offense, including a season-high 334 passing yards, in Arkansas State’s 45-23 victory over ULM. Aplin completed 26-of-34 attempts for a .765 percentage and threw two touchdown passes covering 35 and 70 yards. His rushing touchdown covered 38 yards and gave ASU its first lead of the game at 14-7. Aplin ran his passing-touchdown count on the season to 16, which ties the third most in ASU history. He posted his fourth 300-yard passing game of the season and 10th of his career. He has now thrown at least one touchdown pass in 34 of his last 38 games dating back to his freshman season and completed multiple touchdowns in six games this year. Including the ULM game, Aplin has now rushed for a touchdown in four of the last five games.

Defensive

Emeka Onyeneku (Louisiana-Lafayette, Sr., DL)

Keyed the Cajun defensive effort that limited No. 6 Florida to just 311 yards of total offense by making a career-high nine tackles (8 solo) with 2.5 quarterback sacks (-10) and 2.5 tackles for loss (-10). His performance helped the Cajuns register five sacks against the Gators, a season-high.

Special Teams

Will Scott (Troy, K/P, Jr.)

Will Scott helped the Trojans both offensively and defensively with his leg. Scott booted a pair of second half field goals and his lone punt of the game was downed by the Trojans at the Navy 2-yard line. Scott has made 13-of-17 field goals and is now tied for 10th on the Troy single-season field goals made list.

Who else HATES the Belt but me? Did Emeka Onyeneku score a defensive TD that put the game away or make a pick that led to another TD. Thats 14 points in a 9 point game - who mattered the most and had the most impact? REASER!

And Scott gets his one punt at the two. how about Kelly putting how many inside the 10 (at least 4) and the final one - the dagger to the WKU heart - at the 2 and a half with 16 SECONDS TO PLAY!

Not to mention Wilbert's day wit 3 TD's and 0 pics AGAIN!

But of course FAU goes 0 for 3 in the Belt's weekly honors again. Damn, the Belt SUCKS!
Back to the top

Again, it's the Media who vote on this, not the league………..

;)

(although I agree with you)
Back to the top

Apprantley D'Angelo did not fully read the message boards. He is reporting the Reaser is the Defensive Player of the Week for the Sun Belt. LOL, I think D'Angelo is still recovering from the weekend.

With two wins in three weeks, FAU Owls aim for strong finish | www.palmbeachpost.com
Back to the top

Freudian slip??

;D

Back to the top
Control functions: