Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2012 R&L Carriers New Orleans Bowl - ECU @ ULL

Re: 2012 R&L Carriers New Orleans Bowl - ECU @ ULL

2012 R&L Carriers New Orleans Bowl - ECU @ ULL

I don't know what the official attendance was but one of the commentators mentioned maybe 50k.

Good turn out by ULL fans.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

illinoisowl said

I don't know what the official attendance was but one of the commentators mentioned maybe 50k.

Definitely a good turnout…lots of Red on the tele…….
Back to the top

Couple of tidbits to note:

- Sun Belt goes 7-2 versus Conference USA this season

- Sun Belt now 12-5 versus Conference USA over past two seasons

Back to the top

Rick said

illinoisowl said

Definitely a good turnout…lots of Red on the tele…….

They said record attendance for the bowl on the tele. 48,828.

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

NJOWL said

GeorgiaOwl said

Jab979 said

C'mon Cajuns! Show the rest of the country that the new Big East is going to suck!

Especially now it appears they may lose Boise and SD St. before they even play thier 1st games there. THEN what does the BE do?

FOLD.

Yea if Boise State and San Diego State both jump ship, it will be hard to say the the Big East is more stable than Conference USA. 
Back to the top

Wonder if any of those teams try and go back to CUSA or what happens. Would definitely be interesting to see where some of these new teams that are entering end up. We all know Cinci wants out badly but where does USF/UCF end up?

If they go back to CUSA then you have USF/UCF/FAU/FIU. Sounds like a lot of Florida schools in 1 conference but the Pac-12 has USC, UCLA, Cal and Stanford.

Anyway, good job by ULL. I can't believe how much the Belt has dominated C-USA recently. 12-5 over the last 2 seasons is very impressive

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

If they go back to CUSA then you have USF/UCF/FAU/FIU.

I'm a big fan of this happening, though I think it'll be a cold day in Hell before it does.
Back to the top

What choice would they have? The only chance is if one of the bigger conferences agrees to just absorb what's left of the Big East. If not, and I don't blame them if they passed, then what other choice would they be left with?

Houston and SMU always have the Mtn. West if they don't get picked up by a major program

Back to the top

Jab979 said

What choice would they have? The only chance is if one of the bigger conferences agrees to just absorb what's left of the Big East. If not, and I don't blame them if they passed, then what other choice would they be left with?

Yeah, I dunno. I thought I read something about the Big East (or whatever it'll be called if the bball schools take the name) trying to take some more schools to plug the holes and keep going on. I don't know how feasible it is, I really don't care to research it, but I thought that was on the table as well.
Back to the top

Yeah the Big East has reportedly reached out to UNLV, Fresno State, Nevada and is consistently trying to persuade BYU to join. I have no idea why those schools would want to leave the Mtn. West to join the Big East. But, if somehow they do, then Boise and Sd State would likely stay put

Back to the top
Control functions: