Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU prof stirs controversy by disputing Newtown massacre

Add topic

Re: FAU prof stirs controversy by disputing Newtown massacre

FAU prof stirs controversy by disputing Newtown massacre

Just because you have free speech and you are tenured doesn't necessarily mean you have to spew every thought that goes through your brain…sometimes its ok to let those little demon thoughts just sit in your head.  But if this professor feels inclined…please continue spewing nonsense.  But as an alum, I much rather know this guys name from some meaningful research that he has done.

Here is a crazy thought…not EVERY tragedy that occurs is the result of a conspiracy…
Back to the top

Let me start by saying not only am I a democrat but I voted for Obama 2x and proud of it!

Now with that out of the way anyone who thinks he's taking your guns away is an idiot! Plain and simple. Find me 1 shred of evidence that says Obama is coming after your guns? You can't, because he's not!

The other thing is, even if Obama came on TV right now, right this second ,and said that's it I am proposing a bill to that will do away with the 2nd amendment and American's can no longer legally own a gun it will NEVER pass… why? Because the majority of congress is Republican and no bill can pass without going through congress first. Even if it were full of liberals I still don't think it would pass.

To say that you think this is all a conspiracy by the media, and it was all stage actors? I mean you're entitled to your opinion, that's what makes this country great, but in my opinion you are an insensitive, naive young man wearing rose colored glasses. Take the glasses off and see the world as it is, not from a political stand point.

This has nothing to do with democrat or republican, or black or white. This has to do with innocent people being killed by crazy men who find it necessary to own an assault weapon. Even I as a democrat and a liberal I do not believe in banning guns because that won't solve anything. Drugs are illegal and yet I guarantee if anyone on this forum wanted to get their hands on an illegal substance they know someone they could call that they could get it from.

Like I said everyone is entitled to their opinions and if FAU disagrees with him then they should come out and make a statement saying the views of professor xxxx do not necessarily reflect the opinions of this school

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

Let me start by saying not only am I a democrat but I voted for Obama 2x and proud of it!

Now with that out of the way anyone who thinks he's taking your guns away is an idiot! Plain and simple. Find me 1 shred of evidence that says Obama is coming after your guns? You can't, because he's not!The other thing is, even if Obama came on TV right now, right this second ,and said that's it I am proposing a bill to that will do away with the 2nd amendment and American's can no longer legally own a gun it will NEVER pass… why? Because the majority of congress is Republican and no bill can pass without going through congress first. Even if it were full of liberals I still don't think it would pass.

To say that you think this is all a conspiracy by the media, and it was all stage actors? I mean you're entitled to your opinion, that's what makes this country great, but in my opinion you are an insensitive, naive young man wearing rose colored glasses. Take the glasses off and see the world as it is, not from a political stand point.

This has nothing to do with democrat or republican, or black or white. This has to do with innocent people being killed by crazy men who find it necessary to own an assault weapon. Even I as a democrat and a liberal I do not believe in banning guns because that won't solve anything. Drugs are illegal and yet I guarantee if anyone on this forum wanted to get their hands on an illegal substance they know someone they could call that they could get it from.

Like I said everyone is entitled to their opinions and if FAU disagrees with him then they should come out and make a statement saying the views of professor xxxx do not necessarily reflect the opinions of this school
I agree. 
Back to the top

Jab979 said

Couldn't get past this part…

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

Yeah, well i didn't and want the $1,000 lost income for 2013 that just started being whacked off my paycheck to pay for healthcare (that isn't even mine) back.

$1,000…that means my auto insurance, and property taxes are being paid for twice this year.

Great isn't it?

Gotta love it when you work hard for your money, and they just take it away, and give it to other people who do nothing for it.

It's the best!

Anyway, back to topic:

I do agree that guns are not the problem, it's the user.

Back to the top

Rick said

Jab979 said

Yeah, well i didn't and want the $1,000 lost income for 2013 that just started being whacked off my paycheck to pay for healthcare (that isn't even mine) back.

$1,000…that means my auto insurance, and property taxes are being paid for twice this year.

Great isn't it?

Gotta love it when you work hard for your money, and they just take it away, and give it to other people who do nothing for it.

It's the best!

Anyway, back to topic:

I do agree that guns are not the problem, it's the user.

Plus JAB forgets that any Southern Democrat that comes out in favor of the bill could pretty much be counted to be out of office next time their term comes up.
Back to the top

This thread is the best.

I bought a gernade launcher today, its a damn war zone out there baby!  Obama is coming to eat your children!

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Just curious, all you mini Ted Nugents out there…would you have a problem if Warren Buffet bought nuclear weapons and defended it with the 2nd amendment?  He can afford them and hey they are "arms".

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Rick said

Jab979 said

Great isn't it?

Well that's what happens when you vote Republicans into congress, they steal money from you and then everyone thinks its the democratic president. Factually speaking the senate (controlled by Democrats) voted to extend payroll cuts and the house (controlled by republicans) rejected it. Which meant on January 2nd 2% would start being deducted from everyone's paycheck.

Sorry Rick, just another case of Republicans screwing things up for the rest of us. Bush wasn't bad enough and now this?

Voting mostly along party lines, the U.S. House of Representatives voted to send a Senate bill extending unemployment benefits and a payroll tax cut to conference. With the Senate in recess, the move leaves the bill in limbo and could mean that come January, 2 million Americans will lose their long-term unemployment benefits and 160 million workers could see their taxes rise by 2-percentage points.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2011/12/20/144005474/yes-means-no-today-for-house-vote-on-payroll-tax-cut

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

Well that's what happens when you vote Republicans into congress, they steal money from you and then everyone thinks its the democratic president.

Actually, it was the democratic senate and the president:

Two years ago, there was a tax cut so workers would pay less to Social Security, but on Jan. 1, 2013 that tax cut expired and Congress agreed not to make it part of fiscal cliff negotiations.

Adding to the GOP discomfort, one Senate Democratic leadership aide said Majority Leader Harry Reid would "absolutely not take up the bill" if the House changed it. The aide spoke on condition of anonymity, citing a requirement to keep internal deliberations private.

The legislation cleared the Senate hours earlier on a lopsided pre-dawn vote of 89-8. Administration officials met at the White House to monitor its progress.

Anyway, back to talking about conspiracies!
Back to the top
Control functions: