Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU prof stirs controversy by disputing Newtown massacre

Add topic

FAU prof stirs controversy by disputing Newtown massacre

cbboarder said

Looks as if this has reared it's ugly head again. The sad part is he'll probably win!

Professor who says Sandy Hook was a hoax sues the college that fired him - The Washington Post
Posted On: Apr 26th 2016, 8:34 PM #355902

He'll probably get a nice settlement check from our University
Back to the top

Think of the reputational damage it is saving the University in the long run. paying a  moderate settlement to avoid additional national headlines making FAU a laughing stock is worth it in my book. 
Back to the top

outofstateowl said

Think of the reputational damage it is saving the University in the long run. paying a  moderate settlement to avoid additional national headlines making FAU a laughing stock is worth it in my book. 
Posted On: Apr 26th 2016, 9:01 PM #355904

And that's precisely why most institutions (universities, corporations) go that route. Not to mention the cost going to trial is quite burdensome
Back to the top

outofstateowl said

Posted On: Apr 26th 2016, 9:01 PM #355904

Absolutely agree. It was a big relief as an alum to know we parted ways with him.

He can't really want to be reinstated into an acrimonious environment here so this is about getting money from the university, which will be important because he probably won't get another academic job - what university will want the liability?
Back to the top
Control functions: