Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2013 FAU Football Schedule

Add topic

Re: 2013 FAU Football Schedule

2013 FAU Football Schedule

This has nothing to do with the 2013 schedule but I feel will help FAU in future quality of scheduling. The Big10 is going to stop scheduling FCS level games meaning the other BigSix conferences will be pressured if not forced to do the same.

Big Ten is set to stop scheduling any FCS games, hopefully everyone else follows suit | Dr. Saturday - Yahoo! Sports

This means two things;

1. more games will be scheduled with non BigSix teams like FAU, which will also mean higher paydays can be negotiated since the market of available teams looking for paydays will have drastically shrunk with the FCS schools out of the picture. And
  2. the records of BigSix schools will take a hit with more either in-conference games or more competitive OOC games with group of five programs, meaning less Bowl eligible BigSix teams and more slots than available for teams like FAU!

I hope this happens!
Back to the top

Looks like another "off-beat" opening night for Florida Atlantic this season…

Canes Move Owls to Friday Night

Back to the top

Rick said

Looks like another "off-beat" opening night for Florida Atlantic this season…

Canes Move Owls to Friday Night

I was looking forward to a good day of tailgating.  I have alot of friends that are Hurricane fans and season ticket holders.

Oh well, going to have to take Friday off.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

At least the team get's another day of prep…

Going to hurt attendance though from our end, guarantee it.
Back to the top

I don't know, I'd argue that we'll draw more for UM than we have for just about any other team we've played, no matter the day. Friday night against the U? People should come out of the woodwork for this one!
Back to the top

This blows. Friday night games blow!!! They are for high school.
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

I don't know, I'd argue that we'll draw more for UM than we have for just about any other team we've played, no matter the day. Friday night against the U? People should come out of the woodwork for this one!

Ok, let's see here.

Work all week, haul but home and change, and then race/drive to Miami on I-95/Turnpike during rush hour for a 7:00 PM (likely) start.

OR:

Wake up on Saturday after a good night's rest, drive down to Miami in light to medium traffic, and hang out leisurely for hours before the game before enjoying some tasty eats plus whatever else you desire…

THEN watch the game.

Me thinks this one will also get the nod for TV at some point, so that makes it a no brainer.
Back to the top

Tell Rutgers and USF that. They built their entire brands being the only game on Friday night ESPN.

By August 30th, there will be 25,000,000 college football fans DYING for a game to be on TV, and this game has a pretty good chance of being one of the ESPN games that night and vegas loves these tilts. We'll have many eyes on us.
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

Tell Rutgers and USF that. They built their entire brands being the only game on Friday night ESPN.

By August 30th, there will be 25,000,000 college football fans DYING for a game to be on TV, and this game has a pretty good chance of being one of the ESPN games that night and vegas loves these tilts. We'll have many eyes on us.

Glad you agree that everyone will stay home and watch it instead!

;D

:o

;)
Back to the top

Rick said

TeamBeer said

Glad you agree that everyone will stay home and watch it instead!

;D

:o

;)

checkmate
Back to the top
Control functions: