Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2013 FAU Football National Signing Day Thread - Wednesday 2/6/13

Add topic

Re: 2013 FAU Football National Signing Day Thread - Wednesday 2/6/13

2013 FAU Football National Signing Day Thread - Wednesday 2/6/13

I wasn't offended, I just want to clarify. Also, I was not paid to MC the event. Everything I do for the school that doesn't involve me calling football/basketball games: MC, write, call spring games, host Coach's Shows, attend University promotions, voice-overs for commercials/online tutorials, I do for free. I've never been paid to do anything except broadcast FAU games.
Back to the top

Regardless, great event last night, I'm in LOVE with the recruiting class.

Here's video of Port St. Lucie's DJ Juste discussing his decision, his passion for FAU, and what to expect. It's laid-back and insightful.

http://espn760.com/common/more.php?m=49&post_id=7151
Back to the top

Very nice interview from a HS kid - reminds me in demeanor of RGIII, calm and well spoken! And I know we all hope he makes it that that "next level" to help him Mom!
Back to the top

FAU would be smart to welcome media to every public event - even eating the cost of meals if necessary. The university needs all the coverage it can muster and by making it difficult for media to cover anything Owl-related, FAU is blowing opportunities for exposure.

Ken: You are not paid for doing the coach's show and the like? If so, you need a new agent! ;-)
Back to the top

KLV760 said

Everything I do for the school that doesn't involve me calling football/basketball games…I do for free.

Very generous of you!

;D
Back to the top

BMarkey said

FAU would be smart to welcome media to every public event - even eating the cost of meals if necessary. The university needs all the coverage it can muster and by making it difficult for media to cover anything Owl-related, FAU is blowing opportunities for exposure.

Ken: You are not paid for doing the coach's show and the like? If so, you need a new agent! ;-)

Totally agree with this, don't they still provide a free buffet or catering  to the "scribes" attending NFL and MLB games? Very cheap expense to get a write up in the daily papers - ALL OF 'EM!
Back to the top

I had no idea LaVicka did that many things for free. Wow. I'm really impressed. I thought all of it was under one salaried agreement.
Back to the top

We are lucky Lavicka is the voice of FAU....Thanks Ken...

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top
Control functions: