Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Stadium Deal Dead

Add topic

Re: Stadium Deal Dead

Stadium Deal Dead

Who honestly cared what the Geo Group was doing b4 they put their name on our stadium cause i had never heard of GEO b4 this it just goes to show you how ass backwards this country is why weren't their antics brought to the forefront b4 all of this ijs. Just because they make money by throwing people in jail doesnt mean a thing the state of florida does it all year round we have no state tax in florida so in order for the state to get money they throw people in jail over bs people have spent time in prison for driving with no licence so tell me thats not a money grab for the state so lets boycott all jails in florida yall can start in Marion County where the jail is own by the judges the probation programs are ran by their wives. so everyone makes money by throwing folks in jail.

#FauOrDie
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

We lucked out with Brogan. He wasn't perfect, the faculty wasn't thrilled with him, but he was a true leader. He pushed this university forward. It's a shame we had to lose him.

I feel MJ has been riding the coat tails of Brogan's accomplishments, now that she is put into a position and rise to the occasion to show she is the President and take control she has failed. I always never like how the other two candidates in the president search bowed out and the BOT went with the only choice left. 
Back to the top

Everyone seems to be judging MJ pretty harshly. How else could she have handled the situations that was the fault of students/faculty? Other than the naming rights, I don't see how any of the other stuff is her fault. How could she have handled it better?
Back to the top

We needed all the money we could get to upgrade the Ox and the rest of the athletic department. Im pissed it took forever and a day just to get a name now a couple protesters change that. with that money tuition wouldve been helped out players would get new equipment and the traveling arrangement wouldve been upgraded from flying on whatever airline they use thats so crappy my brother called me and said he taught he and the rest of the team  was going to die flying on that plane cause it was in such bad shape  and didn't fly right. so trying to please people that dont come to the games ,dont follow the schools teams some probably dont even go to FAU is dumb. I have no problem with MJS and im not sexist but i feel as a women she was to sensitive to the feelings and opinions of others that have little or nothing to do with the school. when she shouldve been looking at the bigger picture which is better facilities better equipment and more upgrades for the school not dealing with sports. why was such a big deal made about not having money to leave the sun belt which was only 1M from the looks of it we have all the money in the world  if we can turn down a 6M dollar deal.

#FauOrDie
Back to the top

Bad news is the stop owlcatraz group was gloating this morning outside the college for social design and inquiry. they posted posters of their victory. I agree, it will another couple years before we get another coporation to even take the risk. They would probably protest sikorsky aircraft if they offered to give a donation and calling them warmongers, not realizing Sikorsky has a large number of civilian aircraft.
Back to the top

FAUfasho said

Everyone seems to be judging MJ pretty harshly. How else could she have handled the situations that was the fault of students/faculty? Other than the naming rights, I don't see how any of the other stuff is her fault. How could she have handled it better?

For starters, they could have done their due diligence on GEO and came up with a dozen scenarios and responses.  Then, when you commit to the idea you get buy in from ALL of your major donors and have them issue press releases publicly supporting the university's decision and GEO's gift.  After that, you have a plan for the expected fall out but you don't give the protestors a forum nor do you apologize, you move on and take your lumps.

You make decisions, right or wrong, and you learn from them. This isn't difficult. The problem is FAU whores itself out at every opportunity and chases the dollar without an eye towards or a plan for the consequences. FAU needs to be FAU and not every other university in the State.
Back to the top

just thought i would share this.

Back to the top

Since were in a $500,000 a year short fall for the next 12 years. Lets just raise the student athletic fees and let them carry the burden. It suck for the ones who didn't cause the problem but the next time they get an idea to protest an issue that hurts the betterment of the University they know it will cost them.
Back to the top

So if GEO group turns around and donates 6 Million to the Red Cross as a "gift" do they get protested or say no?

This really pisses me off. Almost 2 years of work and effort down the drain.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

owlfamily said

So if GEO group turns around and donates 6 Million to the Red Cross as a "gift" do they get protested or say no?

This really pisses me off. Almost 2 years of work and effort down the drain.

Things will work out as they are supposed to in the end…….

Already something in motion, I'm sure.

;)
Back to the top
Control functions: