Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2014 Recruiting Class Discussion

Add topic

Re: 2014 Recruiting Class Discussion

2014 Recruiting Class Discussion

Local said

Just like the lottery. You can't win if you don't play. We should not be afraid to go after what some consider long shots.

+1

It's great that we are offering these type of guys!

On a side note, we've done this for years, and are yet to land a single one.

But hey, go after them…what harm could it do?

There is always a first in everything!

GO OWLS!

;D
Back to the top

Andrew said

Owl2Doc said

Andrew said

Local said

I follow PB County HS  Football and I don't know what kind of season Caruso will have but I know that he is an extremely tough QB. Pro style but mobile.

Seen him at a couple combines… Can't really see him in the Owl's offense.

That's unfortunate. The kid is a hell of a passer.

I mean that's just my opinion.

FAU is at Palm Beach Gardens today, so hey what do I know?
Back to the top

Back to the top

Andrew said

Local said

I follow PB County HS  Football and I don't know what kind of season Caruso will have but I know that he is an extremely tough QB. Pro style but mobile.

Curious to know why you said this?  Not enough of a spread type?

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

Andrew said

Local said

If you compare him to the other quarterbacks this coaching staff has recruited (Melvin German, Quez Johnson, Greg Hankerson, DJ Juste) he doesn't fit that mold. That's why I said that. However, the coaches could be looking for something new.
Back to the top

One thing I've learned from reading this blog, we can only guess what the coaches are thinking and what direction they want to go. They keep this so close to their chest. Some opinions are right on, some close , and some way off. We are really only guessing although some people have a little more inside info.
Back to the top

Andrew said

dusky256fc said

Andrew said

Local said

If you compare him to the other quarterbacks this coaching staff has recruited (Melvin German, Quez Johnson, Greg Hankerson, DJ Juste) he doesn't fit that mold. That's why I said that. However, the coaches could be looking for something new.

It would be odd with Brian as the OC for them to move away from the spread style that they have been going after so I am trying to figure out where he fits in.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Rick said

Well that didn't take long.......

The senior-to-be picked up offers from USF, UCF, FIU and Vanderbilt today, coach Mark Lee said. His only in-state offer before Thursday came from FAU. The Commodores are Applefield's first offer from the SEC.

USF, UCF, Vanderbilt football offer Weeki Wachee OL Marcus Applefield
Back to the top

Back to the top

Assistant coach Luke Meadows will be in the Panama City area tonight to evaluate a spring jamboree.
Back to the top
Control functions: