Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

New Owl's Nest Platform On the Way!

Add topic

New Owl's Nest Platform On the Way!

We are pleased to announce that The Owl’s Nest (TON) will be moving to a new platform beginning at 2:00 PM or so Saturday afternoon , August 3rd. The project should be completed by mid afternoon.

While this is occurring, the forum will be placed in a “read-only” maintenance mode to ensure all active content makes the transition. All current, older, and some new content will make the move.

Of significant note, the upgrade will include the introduction of new functionality and resolve the site to one consolidated content management venue; as well as offer Members more posting privileges - Blogs if desired, uploading of photos directly into posts, and the posting of secure html content.  Links to articles and blogs will appear in a “roll” format on all pages.

Face Book log in will also be supported.

Many of the additions had been planned but were shelved due to logistical problems associated with the challenge of attempting to have different platforms work together simultaneously. However, that will no longer be an issue.

The forum will also have chat capabilities for live Member and Guest interaction with invited interviewees such as coaches, media members, and even student athletes with permission.

Lastly, in partnership with TON exclusive merchandise sponsor It’s Owl Time, we will be offering select licensed Florida Atlantic and TON apparel within a newly created storefront.

Once live, if you have any suggestions or comments, please feel free to PM us or post them here.

The driving desire has always been to build a better community and social medium for our members.  Having the right platform in place will now allow us to do so.

As always, thank you for your continued patronage & GO OWLS!

- The Owl's Nest Team
Back to the top

Re: New Owl's Nest Platform On the Way!

I like the chat feature.  Hopefully it will be possible to set something up with someone in the know maybe the night before a game to ask questions and such.  Just an idea anywho good work and can't wait to see the updates
Back to the top

Proud of you Rick and the whole owls nest team. I'm sure it looks great.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Been a while since I've posted but I wanted to say congrats and good luck! Looking forward to the new platform. I'll be sure to post more often and be more active  ;D

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

The Facebook feature will be HUGE for you guys! Could help spread the word about TON, esp to current students and recent alumni.
Congrats on the update and thank you for providing us one of the best message boards in CUSA and perhaps the nation! Everything on this site runs smoothly, the people are nice, the entire site from the home page to posting replies is very appealing to the eye, and we have the best team continuously working hard on improving the site! We couldn't be any prouder of y'all!

Keep it up and go Owls!
#WeAreFAU
Back to the top

Good luck with the transition and looking forward to it!
Back to the top

Unfortunately, because we really wanted to get up an running before camp started some of the feature won't be available on Saturday, but most of them will.

This has been the most demanding of any site upgrade we have done up to date.  The last time was mostly cosmetics stuff with some functionality stuff that just didn't pan out.  However, with any project, there has to be a very good reason for making the type of change in the operating platform and the needs did justify the move.

Most of the new features are members based and will surely enhance the community as a whole.  We have the ability to enhance members profiles, introduce special social clubs with-in the forum and give members the ability to create their own photo galleries to share game time or special event photo's.  Even the photo attachment feature is better.

We will also introduce a new set of Avatars for members and a few surprises  8)

Back to the top

Long time no see Bytor.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

illinoisowl said

Long time no see Bytor.

It's been far too long!  Between work and personal stuff it's been rather hectic, but things are settling down a bit.  I will have more free time to hand-out on the Nest again.
Back to the top

An adjustment had to be made to the deployment schedule. The new time is 2:00 PM EST on Saturday.

Posting will be disabled, and the site will be in Read Only mode until completed. The new estimated time for that to occur is 12:00 AM Sunday.

Back to the top
Control functions: