Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2014 FAU Baseball Schedule

Add topic

@MLB.. I totally agree. Disappointing. We had injuries to veteran infielders that forced Coach to go searching for a working combination. And our young hitters need to be patient and learn the strike zone. It can best be described as "it's baseball". I still think potentially it is still the best program on campus and us moving to CUSA had nothing to do with the bad year. We have been spoiled the past few years with such an offensive team that I just expected the same this year. The good news is , these guys will only get better with time. I also hear we have a solid group committed for next season. I'll be back to see next year's team. Go Owls. And why is QB Parr part of this ?
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

mlbboca said

Disastrous? No. Disappointing? Yes.

…If some of the newcomers add some pop from LF or 1B/DH, it could be a very, very good 2015.

Posted On: May 19th 2014, 10:30 AM #331635

Very good analysis…

Posted On: May 19th 2014, 3:05 PM #331636

+1

Back to the top

During today's FIU @ Rice game, I made the following tweet:

19 minutes later, Davis had two more earned runs on his line. Adding earned runs to an FIU pitcher's line - at least I'm having some fun at the tournament.
Back to the top

FWIW, my C-USA Bracket:

Bracket 1
MTSU over ODU
Rice over FIU
ODU over FIU - FIU eliminated
Rice over MTSU
MTSU over ODU - ODU eliminated
MTSU over Rice - both now at 1 loss
Rice over MTSU - MTSU eliminated

Bracket 2
UAB over UTSA
USM over ECU
ECU over UTSA - UTSA eliminated
USM over UAB
ECU over UAB - UAB eliminated
USM over ECU - ECU eliminated

Championship Game
USM over Rice

USM and Rice only two C-CUSA representatives in NCAA tourney
Back to the top

USM??

Never would have thunk that…

:Big-Grin:
Back to the top

USM is loaded with very very high MLB draft picks that turned down huge money to play college ball . Not surprised. And probably the nicest group of traveling parents that we had at FAU this year. I'm  kind of happy for them.
Back to the top

Got UTSA and UAB out of order.  We spoiled it for UAB, forcing them to win the tourney to get into NCAA. Mallard is done for the tourney, and they don't have the bats to survive. Instead of 1-2, I now expect them to go 0-2 and end it tomorrow.
Back to the top

Bracket 1 is Golden, Bracket 2 is lead. Losing to ECU in 11 last night, USM and its alleged defense (6 errors last night) will have to play a double header on Saturday to reach the championship game Sunday. That destroys all of my pitching projections, not to mention that at this rate they'll have to overcome 18 more errors between now and Saturday. I wonder if that was a C-USA conference tournament record. But, the way they lost it, with runners on 1b and 2b, 2 out, and issuing back-to-back walks (BBBKB and BBBB) had to be maddening, especially since the runner that scored the winning run also reached via BB. Head coach Scott Berry is undoubtedly sucking down Rogaine so he can pull more hair out today. Of course, he has to account for why Buchholz was left in the game to walk 3 of the last 4 until the run scored, and 12 of the last 14 pitches to those batters being balls. The way he was missing what was happening on the field, he should be an ump.

With #2 seed UAB and #3 seed USM both dropping into the losers bracket, and at least one of them being eliminated today, the last scintilla of hope for C-USA having an open invite other than Rice is gone.
Back to the top

Rice was my pick, but will still root against them!

:Big-Grin:

Back to the top

I'm not a fan at all of Wayne Graham on or off the field.
Back to the top
Control functions: