Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Coaching Search 2013...

OK Charlie, get on the recruiting trail and show us what you can do!!!

Back to the top

I hope he keeps coach meadows, I have a couple friends on the O-line who play for him and are praying he stays. Apparently he is a really good coach.
Back to the top

Speaking as an outsider (as always) and with no inside information, I offer these thoughts, some of which already have been posted by others:

1. The fat lady has yet to sing. It's not over until the ink on the contract dries, the drug test is certified and the coach is publicly introduced. Even then, in this business, it isn't always over….
  2. I disagree about anyone owing anyone else an apology. I have seen nothing posted that would make an apology to Mr. Chun (or from him) appropriate.
  3. I have seen no public evidence regarding whether the job was offered to more than one person. So I don't know.
  4. I have seen no public evidence regarding whether one or more potential candidates declined to be interviewed or simply said, "No, thanks."
  5. As someone who hired many people over many years, I find it interesting to read the reports that said Mr. Partridge was interviewed Friday (or even late last week) and offered the job the same day or Saturday. (Couple that with reports that other candidates were interviewed for the first or second times on Friday, as well.) This is after the hiring person (Mr. Chun) has known of the vacancy for multiple months. If this reported time frame is accurate, or close to it, it just seems strange that all the significant activity – personal interview, salary negotiations, contract deal, etc. – would be jammed into a day or two or three. This suggests to me that the reporters on the story still have some background work to do.
  6. In the end, I hope Mr. Chun got his first choice. It's hard to keep secrets, and my experience is that it always leaks out at some point.
  7. If Mr. Partridge is the guy, I wish him every success.
Back to the top
Control functions: