Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

POLL: What Do You Think of the Charlie Partridge Hire?

What Do You Think of the Hiring of Charlie Partridge as the Owls's Next Football Coach?

There's No Doubt, Best Man for the Job
Time Will Tell
Could Have Done Better

Hope this deal gets done today. Im still nervous about it since the last deal seemed "certain"

I quote Voss, "Nothing is final until its signed".

I know he's a great recruiter, but I hope peoplese exepectations dont get out of the whack. Its not like were going to see multiple 4* and 5* guys coming to FAU. If he can get higher end 3* and maybe a 4* or two that would be a HUGE accomplishement.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

owlfamily said

Hope this deal gets done today. Im still nervous about it since the last deal seemed "certain"

Posted On: Dec 16th 2013, 9:59 AM #324500

What last deal?  Nobody else was offered the job.
Back to the top

I am not sold just yet. I really want to know what will happen offensively. The team was clicking late in the season and it would be a shame to install a new offense and lose of the momentum from last year.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

owlfamily said

Posted On: Dec 16th 2013, 10:05 AM #324502

True, but according to all the "sources" it seemed to be a done deal. There were multiple reports and conversations that Drayton was the guy and most of us (Myself included) thought it was just the paperwork needing to get finalized.

This has the same feel so I am going to go with Voss phiosphy that it aint done till its done.

Back to the top

owlfamily said

fauowls44 said

owlfamily said

Posted On: Dec 16th 2013, 10:05 AM #324502

True, but according to all the "sources" it seemed to be a done deal. There were multiple reports and conversations that Drayton was the guy and most of us (Myself included) thought it was just the paperwork needing to get finalized.

This has the same feel so I am going to go with Voss phiosphy that it aint done till its done.
Posted On: Dec 16th 2013, 10:23 AM #324506

Well, I don't recall anyone ever reporting that Drayton was the guy.  It was only that he "could be" or "signs point to".  Nobody ever said he was offered the job.  We may have inferred it from the limited information that was floating out there, but that's on us, not an indication that FAU couldn't close the deal.  
Back to the top

My various contract quotes

"Its not over until a contract is signed"

"A verbal contract is not worth the paper its printed on"

Remember hes been offered the job that doesn't mean hes accepted it.

"Nothing is final until you have a signed written contract"

Ill add this one

"Nothing is final until  You have a signed written contract AND The press conferences to announce the hiring it has ended and Pat Chun starts doing the Safety Dance "

Back to the top

Brett McMurphy ‏@McMurphyESPN 53s

New FAU coach Charlie Partridge's 5-year deal worth $2.76M, source told @ESPN. Will be formally introduced Tuesday

Back to the top

I know you guys are going to hate me but I voted "Could have done better".

Im not saying Charlie is a bad coach, I'm just saying with the amount of time we spent and the available pool of Coaches I think we "Could have done better"…

If WKU can land Petrino maybe we should set our sights higher.

With that said is it confirmed Wright is out as OC?   I havent heard of any other schools courting him.
Back to the top

mckeon said

I know you guys are going to hate me but I voted "Could have done better".

Im not saying Charlie is a bad coach, I'm just saying with the amount of time we spent and the available pool of Coaches I think we "Could have done better"…

If WKU can land Petrino maybe we should set our sights higher.

With that said is it confirmed Wright is out as OC?   I havent heard of any other schools courting him.
Posted On: Dec 16th 2013, 12:06 PM #324522

The "bigger names" out there all have some sort of baggage.  I'd understand if FAU wanted to avoid any hint of controversy at the moment.  
Back to the top

TBH I hope that if Coach Partridge keeps anyone of the staff it is the Deffensive guys. The D was SOLID all year while the O took along time to come together and still had some inconsitency (see FIU game).

Just my own personal observation.

Back to the top
Control functions: