Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

POLL: What Do You Think of the Charlie Partridge Hire?

What Do You Think of the Hiring of Charlie Partridge as the Owls's Next Football Coach?

There's No Doubt, Best Man for the Job
Time Will Tell
Could Have Done Better

I think that drove a lot of this decision as well. I think the goal was to find the best, non controversial coach we could land. There were two articles about how Butch Davis wanted the job and we weren't returning his calls! Butch freaking Davis! But with a guy like Butch, you get his baggage, and FAU is on a mission to shake the cloud over their head from this last year, so hiring a guy like Davis or Petrino would just add more fuel to a PR fire that has almost gone out, thankfully.
Back to the top

Just in time for Christmas!

Just in time for Christmas!
Back to the top

NC,

I love your Meme + Gif's.

Thanks for the smile.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

everything is better with pictures!

Thanks OF!
Back to the top

NCowl said

And in all honesty, you could just about put any name up there and I will still answer "time will tell" because who really knows until we do something…

here's to next season, 8 months away!
Posted On: Dec 16th 2013, 8:29 AM #324492

EXACTLY my thought, if it were Coach W, I would still say time will tell.
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

mckeon said

I know you guys are going to hate me but I voted "Could have done better".

Im not saying Charlie is a bad coach, I'm just saying with the amount of time we spent and the available pool of Coaches I think we "Could have done better"…

If WKU can land Petrino maybe we should set our sights higher.

With that said is it confirmed Wright is out as OC?   I havent heard of any other schools courting him.
Posted On: Dec 16th 2013, 12:06 PM #324522

The "bigger names" out there all have some sort of baggage.  I'd understand if FAU wanted to avoid any hint of controversy at the moment.  
Part of me wonders if we talked to others who turned us down…  My gut tells me something went down for it to take this long.   
Back to the top

I'm not sure how I feel about this hire, granting Arkansas production from this year. Chung's train of thought must be that this guy can recruit legit mid-level/major  (Boise and Fresno) talent. To consistently land 3 star recruits. Only time can tell. But I would have been happy with Butch Davis, as that would have really sparked some more interest and media coverage for our University. In Mr. Chung we trust I guess. 
Back to the top

FAU 05 said

I'm not sure how I feel about this hire, granting Arkansas production from this year. Chung's train of thought must be that this guy can recruit legit mid-level/major  (Boise and Fresno) talent. To consistently land 3 star recruits. Only time can tell. But I would have been happy with Butch Davis, as that would have really sparked some more interest and media coverage for our University. In Mr. Chung we trust I guess. 
Posted On: Dec 16th 2013, 6:16 PM #324546

The AD's name is Pat Chun…not Chung.
Back to the top

FAU 05 said

I'm not sure how I feel about this hire, granting Arkansas production from this year. Chung's train of thought must be that this guy can recruit legit mid-level/major  (Boise and Fresno) talent. To consistently land 3 star recruits. only time can tell. But I would have been happy with Butch Davis, as that would have really sparked some more interest and media coverage for our University. In Mr. Chung we trust I guess. 
Posted On: Dec 16th 2013, 6:16 PM #324546
And two years later we would be subject to sanctions if you look at his history.  FAU can't roll the dice on a guy like that. A big fancy name and the trouble that comes with it.

We a have solid base to build of this team, with a strong recruiter and if he turns out to be a good coach we could be looking good.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

It will be easier to see the positives of this move to Charlie Partridge with who he hires with assistant coaches. If he keeps a few of the current coaches to build on this year's success it will make more sense. If he brings in all new coaches like Pelini did, FAU will start all over and loose the success of this year. 
Back to the top
Control functions: