Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

POLL: What Do You Think of the Charlie Partridge Hire?

What Do You Think of the Hiring of Charlie Partridge as the Owls's Next Football Coach?

There's No Doubt, Best Man for the Job
Time Will Tell
Could Have Done Better

Randy Shannon works for him at Arkansas. Could this be a package deal?
Back to the top

Guest said

Randy Shannon works for him at Arkansas. Could this be a package deal?
Posted On: Dec 17th 2013, 10:01 AM #324570

Shannon currently makes $315K at Arkansas.   Unless he's willing to take a big pay cut to be a DC, then I highly doubt it.
Back to the top

Coaching search threw out that he would be looking to hire outher "S Florida Recruiting" guys. Manny Diaz specfically was mentioned as he is currently out of work. Either of those 2 as DC would be HUGE.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

I suspect Randy may be Charlies replacement at arkansas.
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

FAU 05 said

I'm not sure how I feel about this hire, granting Arkansas production from this year. Chung's train of thought must be that this guy can recruit legit mid-level/major  (Boise and Fresno) talent. To consistently land 3 star recruits. only time can tell. But I would have been happy with Butch Davis, as that would have really sparked some more interest and media coverage for our University. In Mr. Chung we trust I guess.
Posted On: Dec 16th 2013, 6:16 PM #324546
The AD's name is Pat Chun…not Chung.

Posted On: Dec 16th 2013, 6:35 PM #324548

We thought the same thing, and while having a good recruiter brought us some success, it also lead to inconsistencies and major mental lapses.  Time will tell, but as a rule of thumb I prefer hiring coordinators or FCS coaches.
Back to the top

Guest said

I would like to thank y'all for our new lb coach…

boy the wheels are coming off the wagon at FAU…

I cannot wait to make fun of y'all next year…
Posted On: Dec 17th 2013, 12:55 AM #324565

I do not think this guy is from FIU. I think he is trying to pxxs us off and direct it to FIU. He doesn't sound like any of the FIU guys that usually post on here. To their credit, they are usually more polite than this guy.
I can tell by his wording he is the same guy that used to haunt Ted's blog. he was beyond my ability to describe annoying.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

illinoisowl said

Guest said

I do not think this guy is from FIU. I think he is trying to pxxs us off and direct it to FIU. He doesn't sound like any of the FIU guys that usually post on here. To their credit, they are usually more polite than this guy.
I can tell by his wording he is the same guy that used to haunt Ted's blog. he was beyond my ability to describe annoying.
Posted On: Dec 17th 2013, 11:01 AM #324576

Bossman? ha ha

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

voss749 said

I suspect Randy may be Charlies replacement at arkansas.
Posted On: Dec 17th 2013, 10:13 AM #324573

So Randy is going to move from LB's coach to DL coach?
Back to the top

duder said

illinoisowl said

Guest said

Posted On: Dec 17th 2013, 11:01 AM #324576

Bossman? ha ha

Posted On: Dec 17th 2013, 11:11 AM #324577

Oh wow! Thats a blast from the past

Him and Beverlee's Thong
Back to the top

Great hire IMO!  His relationship with the local coaches is huge and it was great to see them at the presser.  He wants to be here.  Great family (several have already visited The Store).  The only thing that would have made this hire better is if his name was Keith.

Go Owls!!
Back to the top
Control functions: