Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Partridge's Staff

Great news about Coach Dewitt staying at FAU - hopefully Wright and Watson will stay too
Back to the top

Guest said

Great news about Coach Dewitt staying at FAU - hopefully Wright and Watson will stay too
Posted On: Dec 18th 2013, 1:50 PM #324758

I don't see red font so this is great news. 

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Per Dieter:

Only 2 coaches are being retained…Dewitt and Jarred Allen.  Very happy that Allen is staying.  He should be at FAU as long as he wants to be.  Their roles are TBD.

So right now we know of 3 coaches on the staff: Dewitt, Allen, and Shula.  I'm thinking at least one current local high school coach will be on this staff.  I know Dieter has mentioned Roger Harriott from U School in the past.  He was hired at Syracuse as a RB coach a few years ago before deciding to return to his old job a short time later.  He was at the press conference yesterday.  Perhaps he will have a role on this staff.
Back to the top

YES on Jared Allen!

Very happy that Jared gets to stay. He is family at this point for FAU. Now we see who comes along for a tour on the Partridge Family bus.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Any word on Watson staying?
Back to the top

He will only become a better recruiter learning under Partridge, and he's a good fit for the staff that CP is building here.
Back to the top

I know it's the nature of the business and coaches know the risk but I still feel for the coaches that will not be retained. They did a decent job this year and through no fault of their own they lose their job and will probably have to move their families. No matter how prepared for it you are it still has to hurt. Nice going Pelini.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Guest said

Any word on Watson staying?
Posted On: Dec 18th 2013, 3:35 PM #324767

From what Deiter tweeted sounds like he is a no-go. Only Dewitt and Allen are going to be retained.

Back to the top

Great to hear Allen is being kept. Should really help with this year's recruiting as he has relationships with many of the guys and was definitely the coach that continued recruiting the hardest after the whole Pelini situation went down and knowing they couldn't take any commitments. 
Back to the top

illinoisowl said

I know it's the nature of the business and coaches know the risk but I still feel for the coaches that will not be retained. They did a decent job this year and through no fault of their own they lose their job and will probably have to move their families. No matter how prepared for it you are it still has to hurt. Nice going Pelini.
Posted On: Dec 18th 2013, 3:38 PM #324769

Indeed, Carl (Now going to be known HWSNBN to me), hurt not only himself but almost every other staffer. His actions cost a LOT of people thier jobs.

Back to the top
Control functions: