Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

4-star RB Jordan Scarlett decommits from FAU

Add topic

owlfamily said

Andrew said

As for the rest of the "Fab 15" - I don't see Archer going anywhere. Miami just took a string of commits and didn't even offer Archer. The one player I would be concerned with however is Parr. It has no immediate relation to the Scarlett situation, but coaches have to be telling him the same type of things.
Posted On: Jun 27th 2014, 5:28 PM #332256

Nice tweet from Parr.

Posted On: Jun 27th 2014, 6:21 PM #332259

Thats badass. 
Back to the top

I am thoroughly bummed about losing Scarlet, but I have to sit back and think the majority of us would want the same thing regardless of what we say online.

A 17 year old running back who has Bama, South Carolina, and Miami knocking on his door is going to explore his options.

Facilities, winning, and the fans attract kids; the potential of a great program is a rough sell to a commodity like Scarlett (although Coach P is doing a fine job of it).

But before any other members rip the kid apart for the "carrying the team" line, who cares. Scarlett is a great kid who is interactive with fans and nobody has anything but good to say about him. He did not mean to diss FAU in anyway, he's just parroting what coaches are filling in his head.

Good luck Jordan!

I love dropkicks and fat guy touchdowns.

Twitter: @jakobsansom
Back to the top

walty12 said

All the luck to him, have heard is a great kid.

If he really wants to get ready for the NFL, he should start playing linebacker or safety.  Runningback position in the NFL is heading to the same importance level as a kicker.
Posted On: Jun 27th 2014, 1:43 PM #332242

This. Tre Mason went off for Auburn this past year and he gets picked in the fourth round of the nfl draft. Ten years ago, he's a first or second round pick. The game has changed
Back to the top

I agree 100% with ya Jake! The other schools Coaches are filling his head with promises if not downright lies as they "propose" a marriage with four to six different running backs. Telling them ALL the very same lines, promising them ALL immediate playing time and stardom. But we all know that can't be true for all they recruit, some (or most actually) will be left in the Coaches wake as he does the VERY SAME THING next year, bringing in four more future STARS.
Think about it, over a four year period you would have up to a dozen STAR FEATURE FUTURE NFL running backs if that were true. At most ya could have four over that time.
Sorry, but I would not go for only a 25% chance of my entire future "maybe" actually working out.
Back to the top

teambeer said

owlfamily said

Andrew said

As for the rest of the "Fab 15" - I don't see Archer going anywhere. Miami just took a string of commits and didn't even offer Archer. The one player I would be concerned with however is Parr. It has no immediate relation to the Scarlett situation, but coaches have to be telling him the same type of things.
Posted On: Jun 27th 2014, 5:28 PM #332256

Nice tweet from Parr.

Posted On: Jun 27th 2014, 6:21 PM #332259

Thats badass. 
Posted On: Jun 27th 2014, 8:25 PM #332261

Daniel Parr = The next Rusty Smith
Back to the top

I just wish recruits would quit buying into NFL readiness.

Alfred Morris is great, and not because he went through the RB factory that is FAU. He is great because he worked hard and didn't let his draft stock and depth chart placement discourage him. He took advantage of a fortunate situation and is now an elite back.

Many highly touted RB's go into the college with NFL dreams, and fall into monotony and do not make it.

But regardless of that, the best chance a player has is at a school where he has maximum exposure and the chance to play on Saturday at 3:30 any chance he can.

Who knows though, the direction kids are taking with transferring after not starting every snap of their freshman season, they pick up their stuff and go to another school.

Maybe we will see Scarlett regardless of what his LOI says.

I love dropkicks and fat guy touchdowns.

Twitter: @jakobsansom
Back to the top

This makes FAU look really bad.. if other players of his caliber think they have to carry FAU then none of them will come here. He has just made FAU look like a really bad choice I think
Back to the top

Guest said

This makes FAU look really bad.. if other players of his caliber think they have to carry FAU then none of them will come here. He has just made FAU look like a really bad choice I think
Posted On: Jun 27th 2014, 11:15 PM #332268

You couldn't be more wrong, this is just part of the recruiting process and escalates as you go after higher profile players.  A few years ago we would not even of been on a this level players radar.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

So true Dusky. Scarlett is going to sign at one school.  That , in no way , makes the others look bad. We were considered by one of the nations top RB's. That is a good thing.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

So true Dusky. Scarlett is going to sign at one school.  That , in no way , makes the others look bad. We were considered by one of the nations top RB's. That is a good thing.
Posted On: Jun 28th 2014, 5:14 PM #332274

Well LocalOwl, I look at it as "you have to  learn to crawl before you can walk" kind of thing. You an Dusky touched on a very important point. The fact that a player of this caliber was committed to us at one point (and players at a similar caliber still are) just shows how far we've come as a program. Before Alfred, Rusty was our programs best player and he only had two D1 offers
Back to the top
Control functions: