Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Lynn Haven DB Reakwon Jones Commits to FAU Football

Add topic

Brandon Kirby-Wolverlora Simon said

We will fin out whether this is good or bad early in february. Can't blame a kid for being excited about getting an offer from cal. And it really speaks to the talent Charlie is bringing on board that this is happening to kids we have committed. 

The reaction he got on twitter was resounding about the cal offer. Hopefully we can keep him locked down. Could be a really good linebacker for us. 

Posted On: Dec 18th 2014, 1:50 PM #339836
He is a safety.
Back to the top

Cal has 2 4* and 14 3* commits with two of them being db's. And Cal went 5-7 this past season, not 1-11 but they did lose 6 of their last 7 with a PAC12 version of our D, meaning pretty bad.

Stay close to home, let your friends and family see ya play IN PERSON and be a part of building THIS program Reakwon!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Cal has 2 4* and 14 3* commits with two of them being db's. And Cal went 5-7 this past season, not 1-11 but they did lose 6 of their last 7 with a PAC12 version of our D, meaning pretty bad.

Stay close to home, let your friends and family see ya play IN PERSON and be a part of building THIS program Reakwon!
Posted On: Dec 18th 2014, 7:12 PM #339840

2013 record   1–11 (0–9 Pac-12)

2013 = LAST YEAR

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

We will fin out whether this is good or bad early in february. Can't blame a kid for being excited about getting an offer from cal. And it really speaks to the talent Charlie is bringing on board that this is happening to kids we have committed. 

The reaction he got on twitter was resounding about the cal offer. Hopefully we can keep him locked down. Could be a really good linebacker for us. 

He is a safety.
Posted On: Dec 18th 2014, 6:56 PM #339838

He is an OLB / SS type. With our thin lb core I'm assuming we want him at OLB, where he projects especially at 210 lbs already with room to put more on. 
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

He is a safety.

He is an OLB / SS type. With our thin lb core I'm assuming we want him at OLB, where he projects especially at 210 lbs already with room to put more on. 
Posted On: Dec 18th 2014, 9:05 PM #339845

Hard to see him staying on with a major program offering now. However, he just cancelled his Pitt visit (probably due to Paul Chryst leaving though). Other than Cal, his other offers are Alcorn State, Alabama State, and Buffalo.
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

He is a safety.

No he's being recruited by FAU as a LB.
Back to the top

I may sound like a homer, but I don't feel like Cal. has an advantage over us. They have things to offer ,but so do we. We are also in his home state. Cal is at the bottom of the PAC 10 and regularly get beat by the other PAC 10 schools. I guess it is all in what he is looking for. I hope he lets the coaches know so they can plan accordingly.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

I may sound like a homer, but I don't feel like Cal. has an advantage over us. They have things to offer ,but so do we. We are also in his home state. Cal is at the bottom of the PAC 10 and regularly get beat by the other PAC 10 schools. I guess it is all in what he is looking for. I hope he lets the coaches know so they can plan accordingly.
Posted On: Dec 19th 2014, 4:41 PM #339865
FAU is a the bottom of C-USA and gets beat regularly by C-USA teams.
We will see what happens is hard to beat Brekely education.
We will see what matters to him if Charlie is the recuriter we think he is he will get Jones to stick.
Back to the top

My point is we both are losers. Hahahaha. It will come down to if he wants to stay in Florida. I was going to say "close to home", but Panama City is a long way from Boca. You're right though, lets see if Magic Chuck can  keep a recruit that is swaying. This kid would make a nice OLB. 210 lbs. now, college strength coaches will quickly have him at 225. Maybe more in 3-4 years. My question with him is other than Cal and pitt and FAU, the interest drops way way off. What gives ?
Back to the top

Local Owl said

My point is we both are losers. Hahahaha. It will come down to if he wants to stay in Florida. I was going to say "close to home", but Panama City is a long way from Boca. You're right though, lets see if Magic Chuck can  keep a recruit that is swaying. This kid would make a nice OLB. 210 lbs. now, college strength coaches will quickly have him at 225. Maybe more in 3-4 years. My question with him is other than Cal and pitt and FAU, the interest drops way way off. What gives ?

Posted On: Dec 19th 2014, 5:50 PM #339867

Project type of kid. He's the "well is he a safety or is he a linebacker?" debate that staffs will have for hours.

If you're FAU, you take the talent, because you need the speed with the spread offenses that everyone is running these days. FYI, Archer also falls into this category.

The Panhandle is also weird when it comes to recruiting in general. I personally think it's an untapped market. Mosley High hasn't had a kid sign with an FBS school in 4 years, and the Owls also found Jones after that satellite camp in Tallahassee.

Now, the Cal interest is fascinating. They have signed just one kid from Florida in the past 12 years, and that was a kicker out of Jacksonville. I would like to know what drove them across the country.  
Back to the top
Control functions: