Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

GAME THREAD: MTSU vs FAU - 01/10/15 @ 8:00 PM

Add topic

This team has either lost its focus, or has played against better, because the last three games our guys have been outplayed. I was thinking of taking my family to a game, but now I am not so sure, but I am not a big basketball fan either so.
Back to the top

WKU is going to be a tough opponent.

If we shoot lights out, we have a chance.

If not, then…….

Will be interesting to see what the line is.

Would expect -6 WKU at this point.
Back to the top

Ok, so it's true. I had to check 3 different websites to make sure that we lost by 24 pts… we had 19 total rebounds, all defensive n they grabbed 15 OFFENSIVE rebounds… we had 16 TO. This is a bad… Raffington's absence doesn't justify this horrible loss.
Back to the top

USMCOWL said

This team has either lost its focus, or has played against better, because the last three games our guys have been outplayed. I was thinking of taking my family to a game, but now I am not so sure, but I am not a big basketball fan either so.

Posted On: Jan 10th 2015, 11:02 PM #340689

School spirit alive and strong!  You are the model of what FAU needs in its alumni and supporters.  Way to be a leader!
Back to the top

Guest said

USMCOWL said

School spirit alive and strong!  You are the model of what FAU needs in its alumni and supporters.  Way to be a leader!

Posted On: Jan 11th 2015, 12:20 AM #340694

I love FAU, I loved going to school there, I support the programs, but basketball is not my thing. I love football and baseball more. I don't mind being a fair weather fan when it comes to basketball because the only time I get really excited about college basketball is tournament time.
Back to the top

USMCOWL said

Guest said

USMCOWL said

Posted On: Jan 11th 2015, 12:20 AM #340694
I love FAU, I loved going to school there, I support the programs, but basketball is not my thing. I love football and baseball more. I don't mind being a fair weather fan when it comes to basketball because the only time I get really excited about college basketball is tournament time.

Posted On: Jan 11th 2015, 8:04 AM #340695

Their is a difference between fair weather fan and uninformed.  First, this team has still exceeded expectations with 7 wins so far compared to 10 last year.  Before conference play you were boasting how this team was going to help get the academic center funded.  Totally ridiculous. If you watched or followed even a little bit, you would have known that this team has won 1 game on the road.  Combining that with playing one team UAB that is a good program in C-USA and another team we haven't beaten in 5 now 6 straight games you might have had a better expectation.  It's fine that you don't like college basketball, but you look foolish when you post I was going to come out now I am not because its not my thing makes you look stupid.  You would be better off leaving that part out of your post.  If you came out, you would probably see an entertaining problem.  But hey, its not your thing.  Try commenting on stuff you know something about.
Back to the top

I finally figured out who "guest" is.  The criticizing of other opinions, the name calling, the " I'm right and you're wrong attitude". Nailed it. Now "guest" feel free to lay into me with you're criticism. @USMCOWL…I respect you're opinion and will not call you stupid or foolish if I feel different. "Guest" would be better off leaving that out of his post.  I taught my kids never to talk to others like  that because it doesn't go over well. You may begin "Guest".
Back to the top

I said if the team can make it run it helps but guess what you lose too many conference games you ain't dancing in March. CUSA only gets a couple spots in the big dance. 
Back to the top

Basketball and baseball are the same , in that the seasons are too long and they don't
get exciting till the end. MLB just finished a couple months ago , and now the pitchers and catchers are reporting for spring training. Almost nothing beats March Madness. FGCU was great to watch a couple of years ago. I have basketball season tickets, went to one game, give my seats to anyone that wants them, and will go to a couple more games.I hope they get better. I have high hopes. Just not a huge basketball fan. I too prefer Baseball and Football.
Back to the top
Control functions: