Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2015 FAU Football Schedule

Add topic

A lot of great points recently on this thread.

FAU may not have control over its start times and I think our weather situation actually helps to explain why we "wasted so much time" trying to build an air-conditioned domed stadium in the first place. I have to wonder if there aren't lobbyists who could at least get us a 4 pm slot on weather grounds if we can't get those coveted 7-8pm slots that go to people in beautiful 60-70 degree weather states like Virginia, Tennessee and the Carolinas.

We've disproven the idea that the south Florida heat is to our advantage to our team itself and the only people who want to watch a team in 90 degree weather are transplants from snowy states like Wyoming.

In fact, according to this site the most comfortable temperature for humans is 72 degrees. No wonder so many South Floridians are miserable people as we're above that by at least 10 degrees most days of the year.

And we all know how winning could change things but FAU has to gamble on up-and-comings and if these coaches are duds we are stuck with them for 3-4 years, so that's a long time to run a business that's not doing well. Termination payouts are one of those things that's a huge burden on mid-major programs and again, FAU can't unilaterally effect change there.

So if you can't change the start time and you can't do anything but wait for your coach to either mature or finish out his contract, that means you have to give 150% to the gameday experience because that you have 100% control over.

Meaning you maximize season ticket holder benefits, you scale ticket and parking prices appropriately to how the team is doing and who they're playing, you elevate your food and beverage game from the 5/10 offerings we have now to a 10/10, and you get really creative with your peri-game entertainment. I would go see a crappy/okay team if the rest of the day was awesome because I could brag about the overall experience.

That's how we can still grow a fanbase despite a two win team playing noon games.
Back to the top

owl2Doc said

A lot of great points recently on this thread.

FAU may not have control over its start times and I think our weather situation actually helps to explain why we "wasted so much time" trying to build an air-conditioned domed stadium in the first place. I have to wonder if there aren't lobbyists who could at least get us a 4 pm slot on weather grounds if we can't get those coveted 7-8pm slots that go to people in beautiful 60-70 degree weather states like Virginia, Tennessee and the Carolinas.

We've disproven the idea that the south Florida heat is to our advantage to our team itself and the only people who want to watch a team in 90 degree weather are transplants from snowy states like Wyoming.

In fact, according to this site the most comfortable temperature for humans is 72 degrees. No wonder so many South Floridians are miserable people as we're above that by at least 10 degrees most days of the year.

And we all know how winning could change things but FAU has to gamble on up-and-comings and if these coaches are duds we are stuck with them for 3-4 years, so that's a long time to run a business that's not doing well. Termination payouts are one of those things that's a huge burden on mid-major programs and again, FAU can't unilaterally effect change there.

So if you can't change the start time and you can't do anything but wait for your coach to either mature or finish out his contract, that means you have to give 150% to the gameday experience because that you have 100% control over.

Meaning you maximize season ticket holder benefits, you scale ticket and parking prices appropriately to how the team is doing and who they're playing, you elevate your food and beverage game from the 5/10 offerings we have now to a 10/10, and you get really creative with your peri-game entertainment. I would go see a crappy/okay team if the rest of the day was awesome because I could brag about the overall experience.

That's how we can still grow a fanbase despite a two win team playing noon games.
Posted On: Nov 11th 2015, 10:13 AM #351836

I'm actually appluading aloud in the Breezeway Foodcourt for this post.
Back to the top

any idea when the dates will be released for 2016 season schedule?
Back to the top

Conference should be announced first week of February or so...
Back to the top
Control functions: