Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Owls Add Wake Forest QB to 2015 Roster

TON of offers out of High School, including three SEC: LSU, Tennessee, Kentucky.

Things just got interesting?
Back to the top

Rick said

TON of offers out of High School, including three SEC: LSU, Tennessee, Kentucky.

Things just got interesting?
Posted On: Jun 25th 2015, 3:59 PM #346234
Like I said on Facebook this kid lost out to a true freshmen on the 125th scoring offense in the country. 
I'm hoping Parr is better then him cause if not we are I trouble.
Back to the top

OC, Parr will be better.My guess is Cameron will be an emergency #3QB. If 1 and 2 go down , he will play. The long term goal is to keep Parr's red shirt in place. He was darn good in high school. Goes to show that hs success doesn't always translate to success at the next level.
Back to the top

Sorry, this kid needs to be competing for a starting job next year… You don't sign a kid for 2 years with the intent of him adding depth.  I am willing to believe the system just didn't work in his favor at WF more than he was just that bad
Back to the top

He's not on scholarship and was a non recruited walk on…
Back to the top

Many new HC's like to start their own recruits to make their statement and build their team long term as well.

I am figuring him as our new No. 2 and this really helps make sure the red shirt stays on Parr now! Also, gives true competition to next year after Quez is gone AND does not burn a scholly - win-win situation for FAU and Coach P!

Oh, and a welcome to FAU and Owl football to ya Tyler!
Back to the top

I stand corrected and look forward to him taking 3rd team snaps
Back to the top

You never know what a change of scenery and leadership can do for an athlete.  This kid was highly recruited and fits the mold of what we recruit now.  

He will get to learn the system this year and compete for a starting job next year.  Nothing wrong with competition to keep our guys developing.  All while he is providing leadership and getting his Masters degree….

Sounds like a win/win to me.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Walty, my statement of him being #3 was a guess. I hope he comes in and shocks the heck out of everyone. I know how good he was at Jupiter. I'm assuming he is still darn good. You are correct. The change of atmosphere and concept can make all the difference. One thing I know, he is smart and will fit in at FAU. We are lucky to have him.
Back to the top

I'm sorry. Owlmart  my  #3 statement was a guess. And Walty , you are correct about the change of scenery can make a difference.
Back to the top
Control functions: