Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU @ Tulsa Game Thread - September 5th, 2015

Add topic

ESPN News.....
Back to the top

I don't know how this game will go and I don't think anybody else does really. I saw on ESPN the line has shrunk to 3.5 in favor of Tulsa.

We're both coming off disappointing seasons with similar personnel and hoping that we're going to make a miraculous turnaround.

I know they're looking at Tulsa's new head coach and thinking this guy is going to run the exact same offense with the exact same success that he did before but I have to be skeptical of that on his very first game. Sure, they can speed up the tempo, but it takes time for the team to think and work well in that sped-up tempo.

And everyone keeps talking about their offense but we didn't score 50 points last year because they had a bad offense.

If anything we should have the advantage because of our senior QB situation, this being the second year of install in the Partridge system (albeit with the same OC) and our dominating performance last year. The hit against us is that we didn't win any away games last year and granted that's a big thing, but the early reports out of camp suggest that we're deep and doing well at a number of positions.

I think it's going to be a close game and I think we have a good chance at coming out on top. If we played them a year from now, I think we'd have a worse shot because they'd have a year under the belt of the new system and we'd be breaking in our new starting QB, whether that's Driskel or Parr. Not wishing injury on Quez but I do hope they somehow get some game experience this season or we're going to have a slow start next season.
Back to the top

Rick said

We'll be opening up site chat functionality for game days themselves…in the mean time, feel free to discuss things here that are more "long term".

The chat room can serve for in game experience, as there is no loading needed of chat pages, and it will be much more fluid in nature.

Please note that the chat room records all functions (posts, entry, exit) with a buffer that will be 500 functions of "history". So, if you want to stay current on banter, stay in the room.

However, you can always open another tab with the thread for a comment you want post with the goal of it remaining around after the contest is said and done.
Posted On: Sep 1st 2015, 9:59 PM #347667

Here's the link to the chat room for the game…

FAU @ Tulsa Game Chat

It's also on the Menu Bar for sake of ease.
Back to the top

Will anyone disagree with me that penalties cost us that game. Yes. our D gave up tons of yards and points, but I think penalties ultimately cost us . Oh, Brian, run the dang ball more. Buddy  is amazing.
Back to the top

no penalties cost us, but the big plays costed us more.  
Back to the top

Penalties and poor coaching. We also had 4 takeaways. Now that I think about it, the penalties and takeaways cancel each other out. Tulsa earned their victory as they keep their foot on the throttle. We of course are well practiced at holding onto 10 point leads in the 2nd half for the victory(red font).
Back to the top

Numerous times when FAU had a good drive going a penalty took all the momentum away and the drive stalled.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Disgusted.
Back to the top

Win today 
Back to the top

obvisouly there where injuries but was there any big losses on both sides of the ball besides cramping?
Back to the top