Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Buffalo @ FAU Game Thread - September 19, 2015

Add topic

The Matchup: Buffalo (1-1) vs. FAU (0-2)

When: Friday, September 19th, 12:00 PM

Where: FAU Stadium

Weather: Current Conditions @ FAU Stadium

The Series: First meeting between the programs.

Buffalo Team Site

Game Information:

TV: American Sports Network (ASN)

Live Video: None

Radio: ESPN 106.3

Stats: Here

Back to the top

9:00 PM and still no line.

Me thinks that this contest is presenting some uncertainty…

Will throw out -7 FAU as a possible opening until something is officially posted.
Back to the top

in favor or as underdogs. I will give Buffalo -3
Back to the top

USMCOWL said

in favor or as underdogs. I will give Buffalo -3
Posted On: Sep 13th 2015, 9:46 PM #348578

- is in favor…

+ means a Team is the underdog.

Can't see us being an underdog in this.
Back to the top

mine is based on who may be starting. If johnson can go it will change, it not, probably come down to even.
Back to the top

Johnson and Warren are presently listed as day to day for Saturday…

And:

Still no line for the game - shocker!

:Not-Talking:
Back to the top

I'm moving mine with the news to even. Too close to call at the moment.
Back to the top

Notables from Coach Partridge's Monday presser…

On Buffalo

Lance Leipold (Buffalo’s head coach) I have known personally for a long time. He is an outstanding coach. I ran into him when I was at Iowa State.

His success speaks for itself. I have a lot of personal respect for him. His record at Whitewater – he has more national titles than losses. That is quite a statement.

Last week Penn State needed two drives, starting at the 24 and 12, to score their first 10 points. That tells you a lot about their defense.

They do some good things. As a team, red zone is clearly an emphasis for them. They held strong as a defense and right now they are 8-for-8 when they get into the red zone in terms of scoring. Clearly a strength of their offense is Joe Licata, four-year starter, has 14-straight games with a touchdown, all stuff you can pull off online.

They have a senior running back that is extremely powerful. He had 1,400 yards last year and is picking up where he left off. (Ron) Willoughby, one of their wide receivers, showed great ball skills in the Penn State game. You can see why he is one of Licata’s targets.

Defensively, they have very active linebackers. All three of them had six or seven tackles, across the board in the Penn State game. Senior captain (Okezie) Alozie jumps out to me. He is playing like a senior captain. Both corners are returning starters and look athletic. They made plays on the ball, contested a ton of balls at Penn State. I know it was raining but, still they were there and knocked a lot of balls out.

On The Quarterback Situation, and Possible Involvement of Parr/Cameron

Potentially, I won’t disclose that at this point. We have made a decision. I’m just not ready to talk about depth chart at this point because a lot of it is based on our day-to-day evaluation of Quez.

On Driskell's Play

There were a couple of plays in the game that he made some choices to get us in a good plays that were impressive. We were having the conversation (on the headsets) as we saw looks that Quez would get us into and as we were saying it, Jason is doing it. So, not just the completions you saw him make or a run here and there but some of the plays he got us into show great poise.

On The Running Back Situation

I feel good. (Jeremy) Gaskins had a good camp. Marcus Clark has done a nice job. If we got to a point where Kerrith Whyte was playing, he has got talent as well.
Back to the top

Is there anywhere to actually watch videos of the press conferences? Post game or Monday's?
Thanks

Back to the top

Sounds like Trey Rodriguez got himself into some trouble eh?
Back to the top
Control functions: