Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU @ Charlotte Game Thread - September 26th, 2015

Add topic

SCowl said

or you can just not log back in   :Yawn2:
Posted On: Sep 21st 2015, 2:02 PM #349372

don't be such a homer bro. bad teams that are only bad because of CLOWN coaches deserve to be called out. enjoy your trip
Back to the top

SCowl said

I care!!!! Thanks Rick!!!

Will be at this game! yeah we should win, but we can shootourselves in the foot again too. Hope they get it together and put a big show and give Charlotte a nice welcome!

GO OWLS!
Posted On: Sep 21st 2015, 12:24 PM #349366

SC, we have our tickets in section 130 row 10
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

SCowl said

I care!!!! Thanks Rick!!!

Will be at this game! yeah we should win, but we can shootourselves in the foot again too. Hope they get it together and put a big show and give Charlotte a nice welcome!

GO OWLS!
Posted On: Sep 21st 2015, 12:24 PM #349366

SC, we have our tickets in section 130 row 10
Posted On: Sep 21st 2015, 3:20 PM #349375

131 row 22 here
Back to the top

Great to see some of you heading to Charlotte to support our Owls! A few true fans left i see!
Back to the top

Dinger said

SCowl said

don't be such a homer bro. bad teams that are only bad because of CLOWN coaches deserve to be called out. enjoy your trip

Posted On: Sep 21st 2015, 3:09 PM #349374

homer… yeah if you mean one that cares about his team win or lose… sure!!! We can lose 50 in a row, as much as it would suck, still my team, always will be my team. Most of us here are Owls no matter what. Just drop the negativity when Rick posts something and slamming the team in everypost… don't care, we know we lost.
It Charlie's second friggin year… things don't happen over night!

And thanks, I will have an awesome weekend trip! :cool:
Back to the top

SCowl said

Dinger said

SCowl said

Posted On: Sep 21st 2015, 3:09 PM #349374

homer… yeah if you mean one that cares about his team win or lose… sure!!! We can lose 50 in a row, as much as it would suck, still my team, always will be my team. Most of us here are Owls no matter what. Just drop the negativity when Rick posts something and slamming the team in everypost… don't care, we know we lost.
It Charlie's second friggin year… things don't happen over night!

And thanks, I will have an awesome weekend trip! :cool:

Posted On: Sep 21st 2015, 3:50 PM #349382

Amen x1000

I think FAU has the problem all south Florida teams have, fair weather fans based on so many posts I read here. I realize our weather has been mostly cloudy, but the "hardcore" fans we have here have as many excuses as they complain the coach they want to fire does.

The games are too hot, I don't like the coach, the ad, yada yada yada.

People have to man up and support the team, win or lose…that is what a fan is…looks like you actually get it. It doesn't mean you have to agree with every decision…but I, not sure what good boycotting games or not coming unless the temp is exactly 70 degrees does for the program. But I digress, and yes we will be at every game win or lose this year regardless of the weather. I see you also get this point :)
Back to the top

OwlBroker said

Amen x1000

I think FAU has the problem all south Florida teams have, fair weather fans based on so many posts I read here. I realize our weather has been mostly cloudy, but the "hardcore" fans we have here have as many excuses as they complain the coach they want to fire does.

The games are too hot, I don't like the coach, the ad, yada yada yada.

People have to man up and support the team, win or lose…that is what a fan is…looks like you actually get it. It doesn't mean you have to agree with every decision…but I, not sure what good boycotting games or not coming unless the temp is exactly 70 degrees does for the program. But I digress, and yes we will be at every game win or lose this year regardless of the weather. I see you also get this point :smile:
Posted On: Sep 22nd 2015, 12:53 AM #349435

Ive had season tickets since 2001.

I sat through 1-11.

Im not going to boycott games but senior citizens who attend our games on a regular basis should not have to risk heatstroke so FAU can get a few extra tv dollars. Im not asking for 70 degrees, 80-85 is fine. We should not be playing 12 noon games until mid October.
Back to the top

Notables from Coach Partridges Monday presser…

Anything that stands out on Charlotte?

Yes, they have two quarterbacks. They both show signs that they can be productive. They have very active multiple defense. I’m impressed by their Mike linebacker, Nick Cook. He had 13 tackles last week and is really active, physical kid. They play a 3-4 and a 4-3 and a lot of multiple things tied into that. What they call “Buck” which is essentially the boundary end in 4-3 or the boundary outside backer in 3-4, #11 Desmond Floyd. He is a physical presence in boundary. He jumps off the tape. Offensively, they have two skill players in #10 Austin Duke who made a lot of big plays. No. 81 Trent Bostick has shown that he can go up and get the ball. I’m really impressed with their running back too. The Middle Tennessee game to me, the score is not an indicator of what this team is. The game just got out of hand on them quick. They tried to regather. Phillips – No. 3 (Kalif Phillips) there in the second quarter ran through two Middle Tennessee tacklers and I think they are an outstanding defense. So, he shows he has ability.

Turnovers and things you have got to change this week

There are a couple of obvious things that we have got to improve. Getting out there for a full week of practice will certainly help those things. We will work to improve those one day at a time.
How much of a difference does it make to get a few more hours outside?
It makes a huge difference. I don’t want to paint any picture. We have to find a way, regardless of what hand we are dealt. I am excited that we will get a full week to drill those things. Your ball security drill, to get things corrected.

Is there a different mentality heading into conference play?

There is a reset to the season. In our minds they are 0-1 and we are 0-0 from a conference record. So there is a bit of a reset. So we are excited to get going and the opportunity for a road win, an opportunity for a Conference USA win. What would it be like to get that first road win? I think any victory you covet and you celebrate. You have 24 hours for it. I’m hoping for 24 hours to enjoy a road victory this week.

What has Johnson been able to do?

He is getting closer daily. He moved around more yesterday in practice than he had yet. It will truly be another week of game time decision. But he is a lot further along than he was a week ago. We were hopeful last week but he was listed as doubtful and this week he is upgraded to questionable on a Monday gathering with you guys so hopefully we are closer which I think we are.

Does he have to be 100%?

You can’t put a percentage on it. It is really – is he able to plant and throw. Is he able to move in the pocket? We all know Quez is a threat as a ball carrier. I don’t think that him being able to show that he is a running back out in open field is necessary for us to play Quez. As long as he can keep himself safe, first and foremost, be able to move in the pocket and run the offense. Because he is really good at it.
Back to the top

The biggest complaint I have is, we've clearly been the more talented team in 2 of our 3 games, and the drop off in talent from Miami to us, was not that huge… I would not boycott the team because of poor coaching but the opportunity cost sure does become higher to go to a noon game knowing poor coaching will hinder us
Back to the top

This is not a lie. After half time , the girl in front of me sat down and stood right back up and said "sh.. , my seat is too hot to sit in. I'm sorry. I will not attend another September noon game. I think most people on this blog have the same general feeling about the program as a whole. The only thing that will change our minds are wins. We are tired.
Back to the top
Control functions: