Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Rice @ FAU Game Thread - October 10, 2015

Add topic

Lololololololololololol
Back to the top

OC40 is 100% correct. This game , after the bye week , should be FAU's best representation  of our best coached team. Our best prepared team. Any floundering is and will be a coaching issue. No excuses if we are unprepared.
Back to the top

Notables from Coach Partridges Monday Rice Presser…

Health

Jaquez Johnson: “He will be ready.”

Henry Bussey: “He is a question mark.”

Is he (Bussey) not coming along as quickly as you expected?

“It is actually faster than what we had hoped. We didn’t think he would be available, so it is actually optimistic."

Play of Freedom Whitfield

"I think he is having a nice season. I’m proud of the production he has made. I think that he has shown that he can play multiple spots. We didn’t know. He gets really good at a position. Last year it was harder for him to change. To his credit he has been able to play Sam. They (Sam and Will) are different. They get flat out different looks and he does both well."

Last year it was the DBs and Safeties who were getting the tackles. This year it is the linebackers. Ideally, if this defense is playing well is it the linebackers who are getting the tackles?

"I think you have to credit all three levels. Our 'D' linemen demanding more attention. You can make that argument which is allowing linebackers to make more plays. Linebackers are playing better which we knew coming into the season was an area of concern. We have tweaked a couple of things within our system to setup."

On Rice

"They in a lot of ways, have to clean up similar things that we do. They have had a rash of turnovers, as we have. I’m sure they are working to clean that up. They are a good football team. We know what we are getting into. #4 (Dennis Parks) is a big play receiver. #6 (Zach Espinosa) is scary with his feet. #10 (Tyler Stehling came in there late in the game last week against Western Kentucky and immediately got a 74 yard drive going. #35 (Luke Turner) will play wildcat quarterback. He is a long snapper. He caught, not a touchdown but a big play out of the backfield on a wheel route so he is like a multipurpose guy. They have play makers and we know how smart they are. They will know what they need to get fixed. I think a lot of Coach (David) Bailiff so I anticipate a really good performance by Rice when they get here so we have got our hands full."
Back to the top

The FAU Owls Two Deep for Saturday per FAU…

Back to the top

I see Nick Internicola is finally starting. Did we lose Robinson Eugene?
Back to the top

Island_Owl88 said

I see Nick Internicola is finally starting. Did we lose Robinson Eugene?
Posted On: Oct 7th 2015, 10:10 AM #350027

Monday Partridge announced that starting defensive end Robinson Eugene is suspended for the Rice game for an unspecified violation of team rules.
Back to the top

Wait that can't be right, the BigBoys would suspend him for next years home operner vs. Alcorn St. or something like that, even if he were a graduating senior. NEVER for a conference game, this can't be right, c'mon Coach P! :Smug:
Back to the top

Ok, I'll see your Eugene and raise you a Rodriguez…

Me thinks we will see him this weekend.
Back to the top

Rick said

Ok, I'll see your Eugene and raise you a Rodriguez…

Me thinks we will see him this weekend.
Posted On: Oct 7th 2015, 4:33 PM #350049

Please let it be true!! I can't wait to see what he can do
Back to the top

Please don't turn out like MGIII
Back to the top
Control functions: