Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Al Golden

Add topic

Brandon Kirby-Wolverlora Simon said

I think cristobal gets ucf job. Honestly, he will probably kill it there (in a good way, not an oleary way). 

As for Miami, who knows! They are going to cast a very wide net. And while I feel they should go for someone who has been around the program in the past, I don't think they will. Just part of their effort to get away from the "U" mentality. But whatever, they aren't going to get off the ground like the did in the 80s with those facilities. They need their own stadium. Some kind of campusy feel. Otherwise, it's not gonna happen. 
Posted On: Oct 28th 2015, 10:40 AM #351144

I think Miami is going to have a very hard time finding a coach. They probably won't pay more than $3 mil, and the facilities are terrible. This is good for FAU - we have better facilities already with the stadium, and eventually we'll have an indoor practice facility. Additionally, Miami keeps trying to go back to the old school ground and pound style of play, which isn't attractive to viewers or recruits anymore.
Back to the top

USMCOWL said

I see christobal going ucf but golden could also be a candidate as well.
Posted On: Oct 28th 2015, 11:00 AM #351146
Why would anyone hire Golden????
Do you think any AD I the country watched that 58-0 nothing game and said "Yea this is the guy I want"

He shouldn't coach a pop warner team.

Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

cbboarder said

voss749 said

David Slavic said

Lol fair point.
Posted On: Oct 28th 2015, 9:10 AM #351139
If Golden had his record at FAU he would have a statue next to Schnelly.
Posted On: Oct 28th 2015, 9:20 AM #351140

I'd take Golden in a heartbeat.
Posted On: Oct 28th 2015, 9:32 AM #351141

OMG you cant be serious……….

Golden couldn't beat Duke at UM what makes you think he would get the most out of our talent here?

Golden is a bad football coach just look how unprepared his teams are.

This is the type of comments that make me have a bad ''tone''

Golden is Charlie's brother in so many ways.
Posted On: Oct 28th 2015, 10:38 AM #351143

Okay, let me rephrase, I'd take Golden over CP in a heartbeat.

As far as Duke, GT has lost to Duke 2 years in a row and GT finished 11-3 (#8 in the AP). Furthermore, a bad GT team just beat FSU. Duke is a much better team than most folks realize.

Back to the top

Also Mario was 27-47 if I was an AD you don't hire guys with bad records it never works out.

You guy need to think outside the box when it come to coaching search's.

If I was UCF I am going after DJ Drunkin then 2. Tyson Summers (I will pause while you look him up)  

Tyson Summers is also my number 1 to replace Charlie.
Back to the top

Al Golden's Wikipedia page is almost like an FAU season:

"2014 season

Golden's fourth season at Miami was seen as a disappointment by many. The Hurricanes began the season with a 6-3 record, but lost their next 4 games beginning with a heartbreaking home loss to defending National Champions Florida State and concluding with an uninspired defeat at the hands of South Carolina in the Duck Commander Independence Bowl. Golden's Hurricanes finished the season 6-7 despite being picked by many experts to win the ACC Coastal Division Championship and seven of its players being drafted by NFL franchises."

It's like FAU - plenty of talent to win in the conference, being picked by some people to have an amazing year, but losing stupid games and playing uninspired football, and ending the season with a losing record.

Al Golden is just a more expensive version of what we have now.
Back to the top

David Slavic said

It's like FAU - plenty of talent to win in the conference, being picked by some people to have an amazing year,
Posted On: Oct 28th 2015, 11:18 AM #351155

The only people who picked FAU to have an amazing year were a few people on here. The people who get paid to discuss college football…I don't think any of them picked FAU to have an amazing year. I could be wrong. I know Paul Myerberg pretty much nailed his prediction.

Some claim to know football and then when they are way off base, it is everyone else's fault.  Some said at the beginning of this season, this was the year to beat Florida meaning Florida was terrible and we were great. Wrong on both counts it would appear.

Back to the top

fauowl said

David Slavic said

It's like FAU - plenty of talent to win in the conference, being picked by some people to have an amazing year,

The only people who picked FAU to have an amazing year were a few people on here. The people who get paid to discuss college football…I don't think any of them picked FAU to have an amazing year. I could be wrong. I know Paul Myerberg pretty much nailed his prediction.

Some claim to know football and then when they are way off base, it is everyone else's fault.  Some said at the beginning of this season, this was the year to beat Florida meaning Florida was terrible and we were great. Wrong on both counts it would appear.

Posted On: Oct 28th 2015, 11:37 AM #351157

That's true. Although it seems like consensus both here and in the media is that FAU has plenty of talent to be much better than we are.
Back to the top

Chris Hatcher, Samford Bulldogs, add him to the list of offensive minded coaches that have won a national championship that i want at Fau instead of Charlie 
Back to the top

David Slavic said

fauowl said

David Slavic said

That's true. Although it seems like consensus both here and in the media is that FAU has plenty of talent to be much better than we are.
Posted On: Oct 28th 2015, 11:53 AM #351158

Agreed.
Back to the top

fauowl said

The people who get paid to discuss college football…I don't think any of them picked FAU to have an amazing year. I could be wrong. I know Paul Myerberg pretty much nailed his prediction.

Vegas (who obviously gets paid) gave the Owls five wins this season.

Just sayin'!

:Big-Grin:

We are under performing though, there is no question about that.

Back to the top
Control functions: