Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU @ WKU Game Thread - November 7th, 2015

Add topic

Our DBs need to be alert on this one. Daughty is averaging 368 yds per game - Threw for over 400 yds 4 times this year. We have the best set of DBs in the conference, we should intercept him at least 3 times.  :Big-Grin: and sack him 5 times. :Big-Grin:
Back to the top

The Series: The Owls lead 5-1, and have never lost in Bowling Green???

How do we own WKU and cant beat MTSU???

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

How do we own WKU and cant beat MTSU???

Posted On: Nov 2nd 2015, 5:58 PM #351433
That's the million dollar question right there! :Smug:
Back to the top

walty12 said

The Series: The Owls lead 5-1, and have never lost in Bowling Green???
Posted On: Nov 2nd 2015, 5:58 PM #351433

We beat them up there last time when we were +15.5 dogs, so…

Anything can happen on any given Saturday!

:Big-Grin:
Back to the top

Notables from WKU Coach Jeff Brohm's FAU Presser…

On FAU

We’re playing a team that beat us last year. We had a big lead on them, and they came back and found a way to win. They are a team that’s similar to us last year. They are 2-6 but have lost a lot of close games. They had a big win last week against FIU. You can see them steadily improving. They present us some problems up front. They are big and physical and match up pretty well against us. It’s a game we’ve got to be ready to play and find a way to score points. Our defense has to come out and play at a high level.”

On last year’s game being a motivating factor

“I think we definitely have to use it as a motivation tool. We started hot and didn’t come out in the second half and play well. They used some tempo to create some easy plays. Their quarterback was able to run around and make plays. We gave them an easy screen for a long touchdown. We’ve got to definitely improve on that. I think we
have to look at those things, see what they did well. On offense, they shut us down in the second half. They are
very similar to Illinois last year. They are going to be good up front, press us on the outside, and take away a lot of things we are good at. We’re going to have to find other ways to do that and move the ball, so it will be a challenge.”

On the defensive improvement from 2014 to 2015

“Well, I like our work ethic and attitude. To be honest, I think the last three games, we haven’t played at the level that I would like. Until then, I thought we were making good progress. It’s not huge things, but it’s small things we have to get corrected. We have to find ways to get better. I think we definitely need to improve. This is a game that will be a good test for us. Hopefully our defense is hungry. We’re going to learn from our mistakes. We can find ways to put our guys in better positions. All those things add up, and we need to come out and do a good job on defense. I think our guys will respond. I think they understand that we haven’t quite played to the level we wanted. But, we can improve.”

On the emotional and physical wear of playing three road games

“It’s one of those things. I think that our guys bought into it. They got the most out of it that we could. We were up for the challenge. It’s always tough to play on the road, especially when you do it three weeks in a row. We fought. We battled. We found a way to win two of them. The other one, we competed for about three-and-a-half quarters and let it slip away. I think our guys enjoy the game of football. It’s definitely better to be at home in front of our fans, but it’s a challenge to go on the road. We look at it that way. Any time you can go on the road and
beat somebody, you feel like you’ve done something special. You worked hard at it. Normally, when you can beat the other team and find a way to beat their crowd as well, you feel good about it.”
Back to the top

Before the game starts just letting people know it's not acceptable if WKU puts up over 40 and we give up over 500 yards.

Please do t shrug your shoulders say "oh it's WKU" and let Ken and the crew make excuses.
If Charlie has this thing really going in the right direction we should play this close.
Back to the top

Go Owls!
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

Before the game starts just letting people know it's not acceptable if WKU puts up over 40 and we give up over 500 yards.

Please do t shrug your shoulders say "oh it's WKU" and let Ken and the crew make excuses.
If Charlie has this thing really going in the right direction we should play this close.

Posted On: Nov 7th 2015, 11:46 AM #351560

Before the game even comes on your here with your negative trashing of the team again. Just shut up and go away it was nice not having you around last game. Oh wait we won.
Back to the top

I'll won't shut up ever.
You can leave the board.

Rick I don't like his tone he's trying to hurt my feelings.

I love going for it!!
Back to the top

Shut Up said

owlcountry40 said

Posted On: Nov 7th 2015, 11:46 AM #351560

Before the game even comes on your here with your negative trashing of the team again. Just shut up and go away it was nice not having you around last game. Oh wait we won.
Posted On: Nov 7th 2015, 12:11 PM #351563

Sorry guest, OC40 is completely right.

Shutting down this defense (something we can most certainly do) we shouldn't have to look at a 50-45 game.

I love dropkicks and fat guy touchdowns.

Twitter: @jakobsansom
Back to the top
Control functions: