Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU @ WKU Game Thread - November 7th, 2015

Add topic

The O seems to be stuck in the mode of scoring "maybe" 17-20 points a game, not near enough in this day and age, with a rere once a season burst above that. Unless the D and special teams by way of a return TD score, than that it our limit - very bland and boring O easily defended! And pretty darn awful in the red zone.
Back to the top

To back my point from my last post, check out the stats from this page from phil Steele;

Phil Steele

The BIGTIME problem is the conference v non conference stats. The Owls O played much better EARLIER in the year vs. better competition. And yes, i am including Buffalo and Tulsa there, both are having good years and should be bowl eligible this yer, along with UM.

It is VERY BAD to see less a more than 100 yds. less O vs CUSA teams per game- not known for thier strong D's by the way! We may still win 4 games this year OR we may be stuck at 2 based on a very poor O again! Either way, BAD season!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

To back my point from my last post, check out the stats from this page from phil Steele;

Phil Steele

The BIGTIME problem is the conference v non conference stats. The Owls O played much better EARLIER in the year vs. better competition. And yes, i am including Buffalo and Tulsa there, both are having good years and should be bowl eligible this yer, along with UM.

It is VERY BAD to see less a more than 100 yds. less O vs CUSA teams per game- not known for thier strong D's by the way! We may still win 4 games this year OR we may be stuck at 2 based on a very poor O again! Either way, BAD season!
Posted On: Nov 8th 2015, 8:56 PM #351785

I think we'll get at least one more win. If not this week against Middle then probably against ODU. ideally, you want to see Charlie win both games so we can label it "progress" from last year and it would be a solid momentum builder heading into next year to say that we won 3  of our last 5. 
Back to the top

Gm…. Owl Fans… Players and coaches. 

The past is behind us so let's stay focus on the rest of the season. Let's get behind CP and support him. 1) Remember most of these players are freshmen. 2) CP had to sweep the team from bad habits etc ..etc… 3) changes need to be made and CP is in charge of that and that is why he is the Head Coach.

Remember win or lose the Head Coach is the one I'm the light.  Lets get behind him or put yourself in his shoes. 

The bottom line let's stay focus what is ahead of us and learn from what is behind us. I seriously think this time next year We will be so much ahead and the fan base will rise. I'm in…Owl In!!!
Back to the top

Trey2smoothpops said

Gm…. Owl Fans… Players and coaches. 

The past is behind us so let's stay focus on the rest of the season. Let's get behind CP and support him. 1) Remember most of these players are freshmen. 2) CP had to sweep the team from bad habits etc ..etc… 3) changes need to be made and CP is in charge of that and that is why he is the Head Coach.

Remember win or lose the Head Coach is the one I'm the light.  Lets get behind him or put yourself in his shoes. 

The bottom line let's stay focus what is ahead of us and learn from what is behind us. I seriously think this time next year We will be so much ahead and the fan base will rise. I'm in…Owl In!!!

Posted On: Nov 9th 2015, 8:27 AM #351790

:-]  :JC_postcount:
Back to the top

Agreed, great post! Enough with all the negativity! There is no doubt we all  want to win and it is painful to endure the losses! However it is becoming sickening to see the "fire the coaches posts" after every loss.

We are young and seem to be making progress.  The coaches aren't going anywhere, so embrace it! Let's support the coaches and players for the remainder of the year. I think we will all be very surprised with our team next year. Definitely excited about our young defense maturing, Parr, Trey, athletic center, FIU victory  and football in paradise. Let's try focusing on the positive things that are happening!

Go Owls! Go Charlie!
Back to the top
Control functions: