Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2015-16 FAU Men's Basketball Discussion Thread

Add topic

RJ ? Dude , he is far from ready to be a private donor. Maybe if he has a ten more years in the league, he will be ready.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

RJ ? Dude , he is far from ready to be a private donor. Maybe if he has a ten more years in the league, he will be ready.
Posted On: Nov 6th 2015, 3:32 PM #351552

He made over $500K last season, and should be on an active list of candidates for some level of contribution.

THIS JUST IN FROM THE NEWS DESK:

He is!
Back to the top

Maybe he doesn't want people to know his business. What he earns is one thing. But what he does with it is his business. JMHO.
Back to the top

Share your sentiment.

They solicit all former players, regardless of income for direct contributions to the program.

I was only pointing him out due to the position he is in to "help"…
Back to the top

Rick said

Share your sentiment.

They solicit all former players, regardless of income for direct contributions to the program.

I was only pointing him out due to the position he is in to "help"…
Posted On: Nov 6th 2015, 8:07 PM #351555

Add Jeff Beliveau to that as well. Granted he was hurt last year, but has been on a major league roster 2 straight years, and was really good when healthy with the Rays 
Back to the top

Not sure if you guys have ever used the PaycheckCity Salary Calculator but it can help you estimate weekly paychecks in a given state - which is especially useful if you want to know how much you'd be taking home if you accepted a job offer in another state.

Anyway, without knowing anything about deductions,etc a $500k salary in California is $4830 week, or 4830x52=$251,160/year, roughly 50% of your paycheck gone. Before the site I knew that higher earners had higher taxes but didn't know it was that bad. Incidentally, California actually has the highest income tax of any state in the union - 13.3% (compared to Florida's 0%)

Point being that he's not going to be dropping a mil on a major stadium upgrade anytime soon though someone in this position might be inclined to offer up, say, a $50K contribution. That said, if I'm an athlete I know it's a race against the clock and I'd save my money like a squirrel preparing for the coming winter because one day he'll either be let go or be forced out due to injury.

But hey, you never know.
Back to the top

owl2Doc said

Not sure if you guys have ever used the PaycheckCity Salary Calculator but it can help you estimate weekly paychecks in a given state - which is especially useful if you want to know how much you'd be taking home if you accepted a job offer in another state.

Anyway, without knowing anything about deductions,etc a $500k salary in California is $4830 week, or 4830x52=$251,160/year, roughly 50% of your paycheck gone. Before the site I knew that higher earners had higher taxes but didn't know it was that bad. Incidentally, California actually has the highest income tax of any state in the union - 13.3% (compared to Florida's 0%)

Point being that he's not going to be dropping a mil on a major stadium upgrade anytime soon though someone in this position might be inclined to offer up, say, a $50K contribution. That said, if I'm an athlete I know it's a race against the clock and I'd save my money like a squirrel preparing for the coming winter because one day he'll either be let go or be forced out due to injury.

But hey, you never know.
Posted On: Nov 7th 2015, 11:35 AM #351559
This doesn't take into account union dues,agent fees and higher cost of living.  
Back to the top

Any thoughts on this year's team, Rick?

I haven't been following as closely as I had in years prior.
Back to the top

owl2Doc said

Any thoughts on this year's team, Rick?

I haven't been following as closely as I had in years prior.
Posted On: Nov 12th 2015, 12:16 AM #351847

Two important call outs:

1. How well Botley does in the reserve role in helping generate bench points and keep us "put" in games.

2. How well Delph does when he enters the mix in January to add a legitimate scoring threat in the  post.

Believe we will be a better perimeter team overall due to the insertion of Cylla - who is as advertised.

Don't want to put the cart before the horse here, because the league has gotten better overall since we joined and that has not helped our "entry curve" but would feel comfortable with 12 games right now.

I know nobody wants to hear that, but you asked!

If we find some magical chemistry and stay healthy, we may be able to push that to 15; which would be .500 in Conference play.

Back to the top

Good to know. Weren't you high on the Clemson transfer too?
Back to the top
Control functions: