Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

MTSU @ FAU Game Thread - November 14th, 2015

Add topic

oc irritant said

DeltAlumnus said

Well in my eyes Willie Taggert has just set the standard at USF. Year 3 of his program and he got it done. He also took over a mess like many like to say Partridge did. Partridge needs to get it done year 3 no questions asked. 

Posted On: Nov 14th 2015, 11:47 PM #352006

Not being critical of your post because I agree with it, but do you think Charley didn't take over a mess?

When Charley came on board I believe there was an administration change in policy.  Primarily no jucos and getting kids who can suceed in college.  On first point we are loaded with young talent due to no more jucos.  We are taking our lumps exasperated by missed opportunitis for wins.  On the second point we have our highest GPA in our athletic history and second to tice.  That is something  to be proud of.

I think we will have some coordinator changes next year with a break out season we have been waiting for.

Posted On: Nov 15th 2015, 11:30 AM #352012
I have serious question for you Guest.
What advantage does Charlie bring to FAU come game day?
To me their were three games this year we without questions were more talented then he other team Buffalo, UTEP, and Rice and we blew all of those games.
Good coaches do not lose to less talented schools end of story.

Charlie has not shown he can out scheme another coach or even give us the best chance to win with good clock management and he has not been able to motivate these young guys into ending our loosing culture (something that was very evident against Rice)
Charlie has talked about getting certain issues corrected going on his 23rd game as coach now.
Please tell me why it will change going into year three!
Back to the top

LawOwl said

I love Quez and Stosh for everything they've done for the program but I think we're better off without them. Although the freshman we have are young, the NFL talent is there. No way Stosh much less Quez get a shot at that. Infoetunate that Stosh's carreer here will forever be remembered with his dumb play. We were better last year because we had an NFL talent to take the ball when needed him to. That is lacking this year but when Trey, Parr are upperclassman, we should be way better. I say give Charlie to year 4 to fairly assess his performance. We play 27 freshman on the two deep and next year we are still gonna be a really young team and it is also the final crop of Pelini's recruits.  We're not really gonna know where thing is going until we have upperclassman leading us and not a bunch of freshman. The older guys are getting outplayed by freshman. Quez is overrated and I don't think he's that much better than Driskell
Posted On: Nov 15th 2015, 8:08 AM #352009

FYI, Rodriguez was a Pelini recruit
Back to the top

Pretty sure Harriott was the reason we landed TreRod.
Back to the top

teambeer said

Pretty sure Harriott was the reason we landed TreRod.

Posted On: Nov 16th 2015, 5:07 PM #352037

FAU commit Trey Rodriguez at Southern Miss this weekend - Orlando Sentinel

Luke Meadows is the one who got him into FAU. Tried to steal him when he went to S. Miss. Harriott sealed the deal so technically it's his recruit.
Back to the top

I have acknowledge coaching mistakes.  I disagree with Buffalo not being more talented, they beat us soundly in the second half.  Rice and UTEP we should have won.  Therefore, 4 wins is where I think we should be right now.  My prediction was five.  A change needs to be made, but not Charlie.  You would have fired Marvin Lewis.

Tell me why your expectations were so high?  The reality is we had 26 freshman and redshirt freshman on the two deep roster.  Why should we have an expectation of bowl eligibility when we have 18/19 year olds playing 22/23 years.  Is that a normal roster distribution?  Our expectations were off based.

Now go ahead and call me stupid and everyone else on here who doesn't agree with you but decids to evaluate the reasons for the poor season.  Poor play calling, injured starting QB and RB and inexperience of the roster is my conclusion.  I don't know what we have with Charlie, I hope he's the guy.  I will root for him until the person who actually writes the check says otherwise.
Back to the top