Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU @ Florida Game Thread - November 21st, 2015

Add topic

Ken Lavicka heard the the gators coaches comment about FAU and ill take his word for it.
Back to the top

I can confirm UF HC Jim McElwain absolutely DID say that in the press conference following UF's win over USC.
Back to the top

He did say it, but it wasn't in the post game press conference, it was the on field interview after the South Carolina game.
Back to the top

Notables from Coach Partridge's UF Presser on Monday:

Health Update & Opening Remarks

Trey Rodriguez, Jay Warren and Jake Stewart are three that we will list as questionable. Jake was not fully dressed for the last game. He is going through concussion protocol. Jay is a hip (injury) and Trey is a shoulder (injury). Khantrell (Burden) and (Marquese) Dudley-Gordon are listed as doubtful and going through concussion protocol. Nate Ozdemir obvious played, roughly 30 snaps in the (Middle Tennessee) game total and he is probable for this week.

I’m proud of the fight our young team continues to display every week. You can see the fact that they come to compete every time we take the field. At the end of the day, we had a chance to tie it several times but weren’t able to accomplish that goal.

Players are already in this morning getting started on Florida prep which is a good indicator that they intend to comeback and compete again this week.

Florida is obviously a very good football team. They are in the playoff conversation and their new head coach has done a tremendous job. I know a couple of guys on that staff. Their defense is loaded at all three levels. Their offense has weapons that can make plays on you at any moment. I have coached at the Swamp and understand the challenge that it presents. It is not my first time going in there and I look forward to a great opportunity to go up against a heck of a football team.

Who will be the starting running back with injuries to Rodriguez and Warren?

(Greg) Buddy (Howell) would be our starter if we were to play the game tomorrow. Marcus (Clark), obviously, had a couple of nice plays on Saturday…I am proud of him (Marcus Clark) for a lot of reasons and I have mentioned this before. He was a little bit of a fish out of water at DB when we got here. But, we didn’t know him so we kept him where he was. He just quietly keeps working. I’m proud that he just continues to stick with it and handle his business.

Playing and Preparing for Florida

I think our players want to get better. That is our focus right now to improve our execution and to get better as a football team regardless if it is Florida or the Patriots or anyone else on our schedule. We really need to focus on us in that we are preparing to play a very good football team. Obviously, they are talking about playoff implications and those kind of things and we are a football team that is focused on getting better as a team. That really is our mantra for the week.
Back to the top

Never one to rush a player before they're healed but…

would really, really like to have Trey Rodriguez against Florida on Saturday.
Back to the top

SRQgator said

He did say it, but it wasn't in the post game press conference, it was the on field interview after the South Carolina game.

Posted On: Nov 16th 2015, 1:01 PM #352032

Whenever it was it was classless, Urban meyer nor steve spurrier would ever act like that.

I hoping someday when FAU is good enough to stomp UF we can pull a schenellenberger, when we are up 28-3 with 30 seconds left, call a timeout to kick a field goal. 
Back to the top

Anyone have any advice for game day such as how soon to get there prior to the game?  Never been to the Swamp for football.  I heard parking is hell, especially for visitors.  We're not going to be tailgating.  Just wanted to know where and when to park, and anything else you may think would be good to know….
Back to the top

First time posting here I'm an FAU alum living in Wake Forest, NC and I'm heading down to the swamp with my wife who is a Gator Alum (I know, she went to the wrong school!)  Any advice on tailgating down at the swamp.  Go Owls!
Back to the top

Welcome to the forum!
Back to the top

NCOwl said

First time posting here I'm an FAU alum living in Wake Forest, NC and I'm heading down to the swamp with my wife who is a Gator Alum (I know, she went to the wrong school!)  Any advice on tailgating down at the swamp.  Go Owls!
Posted On: Nov 17th 2015, 1:50 PM #352059

Wow you signed up for the nest!!!
Please tell some others how easy the process was!
Back to the top
Control functions: