Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU @ Florida Game Thread - November 21st, 2015

Add topic

I've been traveling all day so I didn't get to see the game however I was receiving updates from "the boys" during the game. I'm soo pisssed we lost the game yet proud for the effort these young men gave.

As far as the ref's, they suck! I actually have a friend who's a play by play spotter for ESPN and was working the game. He was texting me afterwards all fired up on how we got home cooked. Needless to say but the SEC won't do anything about it. They can't have their #1 in the east losing to FAU. At least the ACC had the balls to suspend their officials after The U vs Duke.

Go Owls!
Back to the top

I have been on the net this evening and he WORLD knows FAU was the better team and should have won but were robbed!

Even most UF fans acknowlede this tonight, only the most rabid UF fans stil delude themselves that they deserved to win this game.

Congrats Owls and now go out and do the same on D to ODU! No passive D anymore Coaches - go after 'em!
Back to the top

Started watching right before halftime. Wow what a performance. The ref blew the pass interference in OT. But Trey is a beast! Hope to see him on Sunday's one day! I finally also saw fire in Charlie! OK after today, one more year, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Go Owls!! 
Back to the top

Reporting live from my Hotel suite in Ocala…

I was one of the very few Owls that made the trip up for the game. It was definitely worth it. I had seats at the 50 yd line. What a game. I could not be any more proud of our Defense. We performed way better than the Gators did. Had more total offensive yardage than they did. It was a great game. We had plenty of opportunities to take away this game. IMHO, had Driskel played our OT snaps, we would've won this game. The refs missed calls didn't help either.

Great Game! Go Owls!!!
Back to the top

Island_Owl88 said

I was one of the very few Owls that made the trip up for the game. It was definitely worth it. I had seats at the 50 yd line. What a game. I could not be any more proud of our Defense. We performed way better than the Gators did. Had more total offensive yardage than they did. It was a great game. We had plenty of opportunities to take away this game. IMHO, had Driskel played our OT snaps, we would've won this game. The refs missed calls didn't help either.

Great Game! Go Owls!!!
Posted On: Nov 22nd 2015, 11:43 AM #352320

I agree.  It is pretty apparent that Driskell is the better QB if Johnson's running is limited… Throwing downfield is not Johnson's thing at all, and the gators started playing tight to take away the short passes
Back to the top

Island_Owl88 said

Great Game! Go Owls!!!
there were probably around 1000 FAU students. We kept running in to them everywhere all day. And there were a lot of parents and other FAU fans. 
Back to the top

Island_Owl88 said

IMHO, had Driskel played our OT snaps, we would've won this game. The refs missed calls didn't help either.

I agree with the rest of your assessment but I'm going to disagree with you here because I think Quez's judgment was one of the most important things in OT. Driskell may have thrown an interception. Ultimately that wouldn't have mattered sinze Quez didn't get it done either but going into that situation Quez was the better option there.

The only thing that also might have worked was a run because Clark and Howell were getting us good yardage, so we might have been able to punch it in stepwise, 5, then 4, or run throw run. But I suppose statistically if you take three throws at the endzone one of them is probably going to connect.

The only thing is that the statistics don't take into account SEC refs homecooking the game.

Back to the top

From the passenger seat on the ride back to Boca from Gainesville.

I am so damn proud of this program. That is all.

BTW, I don't get the whole "very few FAU fans" comment. We ran into FAU students, fans, and family all day Saturday. On Friday and Saturday night, you couldn't go five steps without running into an FAU student. We literally hijacked a couple bars in midtown, and drowned out the music with FAU chants and songs. 
Back to the top

FAU was well represented. We were all over the place. I must say that Gainesville was hospitable too, except for the refs. Anyone else notice the snipers? Glad for the protection, sad these are the times we live in. 
Back to the top

I'm very happy with the way the run d played I was expecting UF to break one and they didn't.
It just hurts cause we might not have that chance for who knows how long.

Quez's fumble was the game in my opinion. 
There was 5 to go and if we converte a couple more 1st downs we had a chance at a FG and no way UF goes the length of the field that point.

Also watching this game I couldn't help think how did this teams like UTEP and Buffalo.
It proves my point that this team might be FAU's most talented team ever yet we are 2-8.
Who is that on?
Back to the top
Control functions: