Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU @ Florida Game Thread - November 21st, 2015

Add topic

owl in training said

Anyone have any advice for game day such as how soon to get there prior to the game?  Never been to the Swamp for football.  I heard parking is hell, especially for visitors.  We're not going to be tailgating.  Just wanted to know where and when to park, and anything else you may think would be good to know….
Posted On: Nov 17th 2015, 12:48 PM #352058

NCOwl said

First time posting here I'm an FAU alum living in Wake Forest, NC and I'm heading down to the swamp with my wife who is a Gator Alum (I know, she went to the wrong school!)  Any advice on tailgating down at the swamp.  Go Owls!
Posted On: Nov 17th 2015, 1:50 PM #352059

I moved to Gville right after graduation and lived there for 2.5 years and I had quite the tailgating experiences.

You will find a lot of local residents selling parking spaces in front of their houses for about $10-$20. There are also a handful of vacant grassed lots blocks from the stadium selling parking for about the same price. If you look at an aerial and you see any empty lots within a mile of the campus, there's a 90% chance they selling parking spaces there. Best bet is to show up early, first come, first serve. Even if you're not setting up tailgate spot, you will find a way to kill time - local bars, foot ect… and if you're tailgaiting, you definitely wanna get there early and find you a nice little spot to tailgate on campus. Those are not hard to find. Hope this helps.

I'll be in attendance and hope we can have a first half as strong as the Miami game, a 3rd quarter like the WKU/FIU game, and a 4th quarter that had the same outcome as the UFvsGA Southern game a couple of years back  :Big-Grin: (pay back for McElwain's comment)
Back to the top

appreciate the info.  A few coworkers had told me about the residence parking but said we would get harassed if we showed up in  FAU gear.  Not that I have an issue with any banter, just was concerned about the rest of the family.  However, the coworkers are UF alums, so I wasn't sure how serious they are.  I've been hearing enough jokes about this game.  We plan on getting there early.  Just didn't know how early.  Wouldn't mind grabbing a bite to eat.  
Back to the top

Thanks for the info, Island Owl88.  Hope to see some Owls out there!!  Go Owls!
Back to the top

Anyone need a hotel room?  We have one at the Courtyard we cannot use as we had to bail out from attending the game.  PM me if needed and I can make arrangements for you to take my spot.
Back to the top

Ya get much grief, tell 'em at least WE have never lost to Ga. Southern!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Ya get much grief, tell 'em at least WE have never lost to Ga. Southern!

Posted On: Nov 17th 2015, 9:02 PM #352068

No we lost to Slippery Rock ;-)

Seriously though we may surprise some people this weekend. 
Back to the top

Saturday's Two Deep for the Owls, per FAU…

Back to the top

Rick said

Saturday's Two Deep for the Owls, per FAU…

Posted On: Nov 19th 2015, 8:58 AM #352128

Why are we wasting time with Quez starting these last two games!
Back to the top

Best chance to win would seem to be the reason...
Back to the top

Rick said

Best chance to win would seem to be the reason…
Posted On: Nov 19th 2015, 10:18 AM #352130

All I have seen is an out of shape QB who looks slow with the football, and is terribly inaccurate throwing the football. This is the worst Quez has looked since early in his career with FAU. I think it is time to start building toward next year regardless, and give Driskell as many game reps as possible.
Back to the top
Control functions: