Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2015 C-USA Bowl Games Thread

Add topic

I like how Ta. Tech has a GO TO back and uses his talents a lot. I would personally prefer that approach to our back by committee approach and hope Trey can take that role. Our backs are way too injury prone so far. Toughen 'em up Coaches!

Also I hope OUR Driskell or Parr can come close to those numbers next year, lets get a lot more out of our S. FL talant Coaches!

Congrats to La. Tech. and CUSA being 1-0 so far. I think we still have games vs. the MAC, 2 AAC teams and the PAC12 to come correct?
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

I like how Ta. Tech has a GO TO back and uses his talents a lot. I would personally prefer that approach to our back by committee approach and hope Trey can take that role.

I understand they want to get reps to everybody in case somebody goes down with injury you don't lose your running game.

But I'm with you, I'd rather take that over five guys who get around 80 yards/game in their best performance because we're spreading the ball around too much. They need time to develop the vision and technique to be successful running backs but it's interrupted.
Back to the top

C-USA Bowl Action Resumes Tomorrow Afternoon in Miami…

Details:

MIAMI BEACH BOWL

WKU vs. SOUTH FLORIDA

Monday, Dec. 21 Miami, Florida
2:30 p.m. (EST) Marlins Park (36,742)
All-Time Series: South Florida leads 4-2
Last Meeting: at South Florida 24, WKU 12 (Sept. 25, 2010)
Television: ESPN
Announcers: Dave Lamont (PxP), Desmond Howard (AN), Quint Kessenich (SL)

NOTING THE HILLTOPPERS: C-USA Champion WKU will make back-to-back bowl appearances for the first time in school history…A victory will allow the Hilltoppers to tie the school record for victories in a season at 12…Senior QB Brandon Doughty, the back-to-back C-USA MVP, has completed 71.8 percent of his passes (1st among FBS QBs) for 4,594 yards (2nd) and 45 touchdowns (1st)….Junior RB Anthony Wales averages 6.99 yards per carry (6th among FBS players with 100+ carries)….Junior WR Taywan Taylor has 79 receptions for a WKU-record 1,363 yards (4th in the FBS) and 17 touchdowns (2nd in the FBS).

NOTING THE BULLS: Head coach Willie Taggart played at WKU and coached the Hilltoppers from 2010-12….The Bulls ripped off wins in seven of their final eight games to make their first bowl appearance since the 2010 season….Sophomore RB Marlon Mack earned his second first-team all-conference selection after leading The American for the second-straight year in rushing, posting 115.7 yards per game….QB Quinton Flowers has 157 rushing attempts for 969 yards and 10 TDs, but has shown a penchant for throwing for big passing plays, throwing a dozen passes for 40 or more yards with 21 touchdowns against eight interceptions.

GAME NOTES: This is the second annual Miami Beach Bowl….Last year's inaugural game was the second-highest scoring game of the 2014-15 bowl season, as Memphis outscored BYU, 55-48 in double-overtime….The game is played at Marlins Park, the home of MLB's Miami Marlins, and the stadium is built on the site of the historic Orange Bowl Stadium….The game is among eight bowl games played in the state of Florida, two of which C-USA will play in this year.
Back to the top

Rick said

C-USA Bowl Action Resumes Tomorrow Afternoon in Miami…

Details:

MIAMI BEACH BOWL

WKU vs. SOUTH FLORIDA

Monday, Dec. 21 Miami, Florida
2:30 p.m. (EST) Marlins Park (36,742)
All-Time Series: South Florida leads 4-2
Last Meeting: at South Florida 24, WKU 12 (Sept. 25, 2010)
Television: ESPN
Announcers: Dave Lamont (PxP), Desmond Howard (AN), Quint Kessenich (SL)

NOTING THE HILLTOPPERS: C-USA Champion WKU will make back-to-back bowl appearances for the first time in school history…A victory will allow the Hilltoppers to tie the school record for victories in a season at 12…Senior QB Brandon Doughty, the back-to-back C-USA MVP, has completed 71.8 percent of his passes (1st among FBS QBs) for 4,594 yards (2nd) and 45 touchdowns (1st)….Junior RB Anthony Wales averages 6.99 yards per carry (6th among FBS players with 100+ carries)….Junior WR Taywan Taylor has 79 receptions for a WKU-record 1,363 yards (4th in the FBS) and 17 touchdowns (2nd in the FBS).

NOTING THE BULLS: Head coach Willie Taggart played at WKU and coached the Hilltoppers from 2010-12….The Bulls ripped off wins in seven of their final eight games to make their first bowl appearance since the 2010 season….Sophomore RB Marlon Mack earned his second first-team all-conference selection after leading The American for the second-straight year in rushing, posting 115.7 yards per game….QB Quinton Flowers has 157 rushing attempts for 969 yards and 10 TDs, but has shown a penchant for throwing for big passing plays, throwing a dozen passes for 40 or more yards with 21 touchdowns against eight interceptions.

GAME NOTES: This is the second annual Miami Beach Bowl….Last year's inaugural game was the second-highest scoring game of the 2014-15 bowl season, as Memphis outscored BYU, 55-48 in double-overtime….The game is played at Marlins Park, the home of MLB's Miami Marlins, and the stadium is built on the site of the historic Orange Bowl Stadium….The game is among eight bowl games played in the state of Florida, two of which C-USA will play in this year.
Posted On: Dec 20th 2015, 9:55 PM #353296
Went to this game last year. BYU vs Memohis. Top 5 college game I've ever been to without a doubt, the game had everything. Would have loved to go this year, but tickets are ridiculous prices and cannot be found at all on secondary sellers. Definitely watching it on the tele though. 
Back to the top

I have tickets to the Boca Bowl and am not excited about going at all. The game should be competative. The weather should be fine. I just don't care. I plan on going for one half. Glad I supported the game, but wish I had some ties to one school or the other.PS…Love espn's Dave Lamont.
Back to the top

Ha, I always get excited when I hear Dave's voice when watching a random sporting event (PBA US Open anyone? Yup, LaMont does bowling too!). His meltdown on air back at Lockhart is one of the great moment of this program, it was awesome. 
Back to the top

Yeah I had free tickets to this game but didn't care about the matchup either. 

But that will probably be the case for most of the matchups in the Boca Bowl.

That said, I still think it will have a respectable showing every year.
Back to the top

teambeer said

His meltdown on air back at Lockhart is one of the great moment of this program, it was awesome. 
Posted On: Dec 21st 2015, 7:06 AM #353299

Ha ha, the best!

Back to the top

"I will fight anyone of you who want to" is the greatest thing that has ever been said in a college football broadcast... :Laughing:
Back to the top

teambeer said

"I will fight anyone of you who want to" is the greatest thing that has ever been said in a college football broadcast… :Laughing:
Posted On: Dec 21st 2015, 3:21 PM #353306

:Laughing:

Poor Ken was probably crapping in his pants - you can hear the awkward silence…at the time believe he had pretty much just started with FAU, and this guy leading the show goes bonkers and starts pounding on the press box glass!
Back to the top
Control functions: