Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2015 Boca Raton Bowl Discussion Thread

Add topic

USMCOWL said

fauowl said

Yahoo Sports has ranked the Boca Raton Bowl as the 10th best Bowl match up this year. not bad out of 40:

10. Boca Raton Bowl (Dec. 22, Boca Raton, Florida) – Temple (10-3) vs. Toledo (9-2)

Both of these teams had great seasons, but fell short of winning their respective conferences. Toledo had a chance to win its division in the season finale and then lost head coach Matt Campbell to Iowa State. Meanwhile, Temple (which can reach 11 wins for the first time in program history) dropped the AAC title game to Houston. Nonetheless, these are two of the best Group of Five teams in the country. We’re looking forward to this one.

Posted On: Dec 7th 2015, 10:09 PM #352901

I have gone to some of the message boards. Temple fans are a little bitter about being selected to play in our bowl game, while Toledo fans seemed to be excited.
Posted On: Dec 7th 2015, 11:21 PM #352904

Curious…what bowl were they hoping to go to?

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

Curious…what bowl were they hoping to go to?
Posted On: Dec 14th 2015, 2:54 PM #353118

I can think of one they should be going to…ungrateful bastards!

:Big-Grin:

Back to the top

C'mon, dont'cha know that they left the MAC only two years ago for the conference that KICKED THEM OUT. And now they have to face a MAC team? They should be going to the Orange Bowl!

They forget theat they are a NON POWER 5 conference and along with us, only get the NEW lower tier of Bowl games. That deal ensuring ONE Group of 5 team gets a major bowl really screws all the rest! But the BocaBowl seems to be the cream of the crop of the new Bowl games! Getting some seriously good teams with good records. Theams who truly DESERVE a Bowl game, not 6-6 Auburn or 5-7 Nebraska!

SERIOUSLY HOPE TOLEDO STOMPS 'EM!
Back to the top

Just saw a tweet from Mizner Amphitheater saying, ""Don't miss our Pre Game Pep Rally Mon. Dec 21st at 7pm!"

And of course my first thought is: why aren't they doing this for FAU home games? Like the first game of the year at least?

But I get that they're trying to draw in Boca Raton Bowl guests to Mizner to spend money. Perhaps they think FAU fans live locally and visit Mizner all the time so the stunt wouldn't work there. Still... they've done it for Dolphins fans who would also be local fans...

I hope that when 20th Street gets going they can do a Friday night block party before the first home game there every season, block it off from 2nd to Dixie and have tents and music and whatnot like Delray does with their various events on Atlantic Avenue.
Back to the top

owl2Doc said

Just saw a tweet from Mizner Amphitheater saying, ""Don't miss our Pre Game Pep Rally Mon. Dec 21st at 7pm!"

And of course my first thought is: why aren't they doing this for FAU home games? Like the first game of the year at least?

But I get that they're trying to draw in Boca Raton Bowl guests to Mizner to spend money. Perhaps they think FAU fans live locally and visit Mizner all the time so the stunt wouldn't work there. Still... they've done it for Dolphins fans who would also be local fans...

Posted On: Dec 16th 2015, 10:20 AM #353165

Exactly, band wagon….

Later, Mizner is a shadow of its former self.
Back to the top

Does anyone know the attendance of the Boca Raton Bowl?

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

illinoisowl said

Does anyone know the attendance of the Boca Raton Bowl?
Posted On: Dec 23rd 2015, 7:18 PM #353356

Back to the top

Official count was 25k plus, I was there and I was impressed with the turnout especially with the rain but I would say closer to high teens with butts in seats.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

Official count was 25k plus, I was there and I was impressed with the turnout especially with the rain but I would say closer to high teens with butts in seats.
Posted On: Dec 23rd 2015, 7:40 PM #353359

It was impressive based on the weather.

It does bug me a little bit (a lot actually) that teams from other states bring more fans to OUR stadium than we do when we play a game there.
Back to the top

BTW...perfect example of a team excited to be in a bowl game beating a more talented team that thought they were better than the team they were playing.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top
Control functions: