Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

CJ Turman Dismissed from Team

Add topic

He didn't transfer…he got kicked off the team…just saying!

:)
Back to the top

Rick said

He didn't transfer…he got kicked off the team…just saying!

:)
Posted On: Dec 24th 2015, 6:19 PM #353378
I get it.  But this is the 4th or 5th guy to fall into this category.  Some think it is because we do not invest enough of our athletics budget into basketball, therefore we recruit kids like him that get kicked off the team.  

To then discuss the resources we actually put into mens basketball and how it compares to other D1 programs is directly related to the conversation.  Its a message board for crying out loud, there is nothing wrong with discussing our program as a whole when a top rated player on our team gets kicked off.

Its not like I started talking about the dinner we are making for Xmas.  

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

People speculate on why our kids are transferring and the issues that are causing kids to want to transfer.  Few different people pointed out that this is happening with students like Turman because the program is not finacially supported to the degree it needs to be in order to keep our high profile recruits here.

So, somebody makes that statement and then I dig in to put real numbers to the opinion.

I actually think your post has nothing to do with the topic.  Think its negative.  For a forum, we stay pretty well on topic…if you dont like posting dont post.

What exactly are people allowed to post about this topic to your liking?  What CJ's favorite color is?  How he liked on campus food?  I usually dont get mad, this post is brutal and shouldn't even be dignified.

Posted On: Dec 24th 2015, 3:42 PM #353377

What I am trying to say is a post on a kid transferring shouldn't have 4 comments about him and 5 pages on other crap. If you want to talk about why we suck, then start a "why do we suck?" page. 

As for "shouldn't even be dignified", most agree. And you posting back a few paragraphs sure as heck dignified my post. 

At the end of the day, you can post whatever you want. But be aware that these posts are the reason why posters don't come back. 

CJs favorite color? No. Why he left and what happened? Sure. 

Again, post what you will. I was just airing my concerns with the forum as this is a trend I have noticed manifesting itself in most of our threads. I have been posting here for 6 years (originally as NJOWL, and I am not trying to say I have been here longer than others, just saying its not my first post). 

The forum is what it is. I just wish posters stayed on topic and didn't personally attack each other. But at the end of the day: children will be children. 
Back to the top

Brandon Kirby-Wolverlora Simon said

The forum is what it is. I just wish posters stayed on topic and didn't personally attack each other. But at the end of the day: children will be children. 
Posted On: Dec 24th 2015, 7:16 PM #353380

This is two separate points, please start a new topic!

(c'mon it's Christmas and had to say it)

:Big-Grin:   :Hug:    :Love:
Back to the top

My kind of humor Rick . Love it. I just want to say , I agree with everyone.
Back to the top

Brandon/NJOWL:

I agree with you overall. Most threads get derailed and it's really annoying particularly if you're the original poster trying to solicit opinions about a particular topic only to have two posts on the topic and then people turn it into a discussion about something else entirely.

So yeah, people should form new threads but they're lazy. Or maybe they're worried people won't respond on their new thread and instead want to jump on the current thread because that's where people are talking.  Point remains: start a new thread. You're right.

That being said, I see what walty12 was saying about our budget and how it could affect our transfer situation in general, especially in relation to - and I'm sure you've seen - the posts from fauowl pointing out how our basketball program needs more resources.

In this particular scenario with CJ Turman being dismissed from the team it's not about our resources as much as it is about his behavior… unless somehow our lack of resources and fan base caused Turman not to take the team seriously and that's why he was dismissed.

Rick and FAU put out the release as he was dismissed but everywhere else I've seen it seems to simply say he's transferring, as if it was his decision. That probably underscores how little effort the media puts into getting this story straight so I doubt we'll ever find out why exactly he was dismissed.
Back to the top

He flunked out.  The timing of it.  The wording of the release, preparing him for lifetime success eludes to education.  Starters don't transfer in the middle of the season..  hopefully he turns it around.  
Back to the top

oc irritant said

He flunked out.
Posted On: Dec 25th 2015, 2:15 PM #353387

Unless you know that to be 100% accurate, should be careful making it a statement rather than a proposition…

:Winking:
Back to the top

owl2Doc said

Rick and FAU put out the release as he was dismissed but everywhere else I've seen it seems to simply say he's transferring, as if it was his decision.
Posted On: Dec 25th 2015, 10:55 AM #353386

Quite laughable actually…the issue was leaked to CBS, who had this guy send it out with - as you stated - with no research:

Of course there was no reply to my question…

:Big-Grin:
Back to the top

oc irritant said

He flunked out.  The timing of it.  The wording of the release, preparing him for lifetime success eludes to education.  Starters don't transfer in the middle of the season..  hopefully he turns it around.  
Posted On: Dec 25th 2015, 2:15 PM #353387
the timing actually matches up so that he can be eligible to play at another school for the spring semester, instead of sitting out the entire year. 
Could he have flunked out? Maybe. Could it be he was upset with curry for suspending players because of failed drug tests and what not? Maybe. Did he not like the overall coaching philosophy? Maybe.

Who knows! I think he left voluntarily and the timing is due to him wanting to be eligible for the spring semester wherever he ends up. 

I still wish him the best. He was fun to watch and cheer for. Hopefully he resurfaced somewhere else.

Remember also: he kind of backed in to coming to FAU. He was supposed to go to Tennessee but the coach left. He scrambled and coach curry found him and convinced him to come. Maybe he felt he made a rash decision coming here and decided he wanted to go somewhere else to improve his "pro prospects". 
Back to the top
Control functions: