Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2016 FAU Football Schedule

Add topic

Local Owl said

@Matt C…I knew all that happened but it is the first time I've seen it in a list. Kind of gut wrenching really. Good teams will win those games. We didn't. Starting this season we need to win those games. PS. just read an article where UM will play there spring game at Lockhart again. God that's funny.

Posted On: Feb 5th 2016, 8:52 PM #354454

Drive by Joe Robbie Stadium and you will know why they will play their spring game at Lockhart. 
Back to the top

I think every sports fan in south Florida knows about Joe Robbie/ Sunlife/ Pro Player/Land Shark Stadiun. I think it's funny because they need to rely on others.
Back to the top

Love that ya called it Joe Robbie Stadium first and NOT the other corporate names.

By the way, how do ya name it after a legend in S. FL sports and then change it to some corporate blah blah blah - unless you are Joe Pa and allow or do something stupid and sick. Is it at least Joe Robbie Field (should have need Don Shula Field at Joe Robbie though IMHO.

And don't count on Mark Richt getting them their own stadium anytime soon (if ever). UGA just breaking ground on an indoor practice facility now (he was HC 15 years).
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Love that ya called it Joe Robbie Stadium first and NOT the other corporate names.

By the way, how do ya name it after a legend in S. FL sports and then change it to some corporate blah blah blah - unless you are Joe Pa and allow or do something stupid and sick. Is it at least Joe Robbie Field (should have need Don Shula Field at Joe Robbie though IMHO.

And don't count on Mark Richt getting them their own stadium anytime soon (if ever). UGA just breaking ground on an indoor practice facility now (he was HC 15 years).
Posted On: Feb 6th 2016, 8:16 AM #354463

I don't believe they will ever get their own stadium, they don't have the land to put it on anymore.  That ship has sailed.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Local Owl said

I think every sports fan in south Florida knows about Joe Robbie/ Sunlife/ Pro Player/Land Shark Stadiun. I think it's funny because they need to rely on others.

Posted On: Feb 6th 2016, 6:42 AM #354462

If we were putting a roof on our stadium, we would be relying on others as well because right now Joe Robbie isn't a stadium its a constructions site.  Not something you cordon off the area while they work.  Look at New York with the collapsed crane.
Back to the top

OC Irritant said

Local Owl said

Posted On: Feb 6th 2016, 6:42 AM #354462

If we were putting a roof on our stadium, we would be relying on others as well because right now Joe Robbie isn't a stadium its a constructions site.  Not something you cordon off the area while they work.  Look at New York with the collapsed crane.
Posted On: Feb 6th 2016, 11:08 AM #354467

That was SOME video, spectacular but sad people died in that instant as well!
Back to the top

Back to the top

miami could pay fau to play in ours, for another home and home series. lol.
Back to the top

cbboarder said

Anyone seen this?

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/25568778/miami-could-open-the-2016-season-in-a-different-stadium

Posted On: Apr 28th 2016, 8:32 AM #355925

This is a bored writer.  The Dolphins expect to be able to play their game on 8/25.  Which means that everything after that date would play.  Of course their are contingency plans.  I drove by the stadium last night around 10pm, They are working 24hrs a day it looks to me.
Back to the top

OC Irritant said

cbboarder said

Anyone seen this?

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/25568778/miami-could-open-the-2016-season-in-a-different-stadium

Posted On: Apr 28th 2016, 8:32 AM #355925

This is a bored writer.  The Dolphins expect to be able to play their game on 8/25.  Which means that everything after that date would play.  Of course their are contingency plans.  I drove by the stadium last night around 10pm, They are working 24hrs a day it looks to me.

Posted On: Apr 28th 2016, 9:35 AM #355927

Odds are you're correct. However I'm familiar with a stadium job (not Land shark) that is going to have a very difficult time meeting it's schedule grand opening and it's over a year away. IF Land shark is behind schedule, retrofitting the structural steel for the new roof is mostly likely causing the problem. This may cause other trades to be delayed as well.

Plus there's nothing wrong with hoping for another shot at the Canes at home in a sold out stadium.  
Back to the top
Control functions: