Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Men's Basketball Games Week of February 13th, 2016

Add topic

FAU turns the ball over. UTEP to shoot two freebies.
Back to the top

Makes them both. 5 point game with 11 seconds left.
Back to the top

Botley drives the lane and misses a contested layup. UTEP wins the rebound, and that'll do it.
Back to the top

Tough loss to one of the conference's best.

Back to the top

Adonis "Juice" Filer lead all scorers and tied his second best scoring day with 18 points. His career game came against Miami (OH) earlier in the year when we hit 23 points. His game tonight matched his point total against Lipscomb and Charlotte.

UPDATED SCHEDULE: 2015-2016 FAU Men's Basketball Schedule - FAU Owl's Nest
Back to the top

UTEP DOMINATED down low tonight. The Miners had 52 points in the paint, 38 rebounds, including 12 offensive boards resulting in 10 second chance points. With 18 fast break points, 9 steals, and 27 total points off turnovers, UTEP's transition play was far superior to FAU's (with 9, 8, and 13 respectively), and was left mostly unchecked throughout the game.

Back to the top

@Jack, your take is right on. Now that I've attended my third game this season, I see our problem. And it isn't an easy fix. We are lacking big powerful bodies down low. UTEP had a much more physical and more athletic center than us. Better at every aspect of the game. Our shooters started slow but held there own. We lost the game in the paint. We don't have a player on our team to correct that. Real nice effort. Good coaching. Just let UTEP get too far ahead. If your son is 7'0''  260lbs and has a bit of an attitude and wants a free education, I know a coach to call.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

If your son is 7'0''  260lbs and has a bit of an attitude and wants a free education, I know a coach to call.
Posted On: Feb 13th 2016, 9:19 PM #354635

Unfortunately that guy is not going to FAU.
Back to the top

Aside from transition points, they ran the same set play over and over with surprising success.

Guard, dribble into to the paint, dish, and have somebody (much smaller than us) finish.

Simply could not match-up against them and should have figured out a way to stop that.
Back to the top

Nice comeback though Owls, glad to see you seeming to becoming more competitive late in the year, a good sign of improvement over the course of a season.

Keep fighting!
Back to the top
Control functions: